WTB: Hood front edge molding

Post your forsale and wanted ads
iceman510

WTB: Hood front edge molding

Post by iceman510 »

Hello-

Preferably looking for a good to excellent condition front hood molding. If it needs polishing I can do that.

If you have one with some dings or dents, I will consider also depending on price. Nothing twisted or bent too much as straightening one of these is a whole different story.

Message me on here.

Thanks.
iceman510

Re: WTB: Hood front edge molding

Post by iceman510 »

Bump.
Colbino

Post by Colbino »

Are there no longer ones on ebay? I used to see them there for about $250. I have an extra NOS one that I would consider letting go if you're interested?
ostaylor
Supporter

Post by ostaylor »

These are close to unobtainium. I had mine with my car when I sent it to the painter as I wanted some work done in that area and wanted to ensure that the trim and hood were perfectly aligned. As soon as he was done his work he texted me to pick it up as even he knows that a perfect hood edging is easy to bend and extremely hard to replace.
Regards,
Owen
70 Datsun 510 2 door - SR20DET - https://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?t=34572
64 Studebaker Daytona - Supercharged 289 4 speed
65 Sunbeam Tiger MkI
iceman510

Post by iceman510 »

I have not found a listing anywhere for a year+. I am going to make another attempt to get mine fixed (has a small split, mostly my fault trying to straighten out a small twist in it).

Colbino I will let you know. I actually have one spare but it is powder coated black and this car is getting bright trim. I may have to consider trying to strip it, or find someone to trade.
rieseckdave

Post by rieseckdave »

Iceman, just saw this...........did you ever find this trim? I have a friend that is not on the Realm but likely has one. send me an email: drieseck@gmail.com
Benzo

Post by Benzo »

iceman510

Post by iceman510 »

I did find one on Craigslist in Washington state. It has a bit of damage, but not quite as large a damaged section as the part on sfbay craiglist Benzo provided. I think I'm set for the time being, but I may check in with rieseckdave regarding his post just above that to see what else is available.

Thanks all.
66DUCE

Post by 66DUCE »

I bought mine at Z car depot a few years back. I see that they are out of stock on their website now, maybe call them to see if they will restock?