Door seal from Vintage Rubber

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
69yellow4door

Door seal from Vintage Rubber

Post by 69yellow4door »

Has anyone used the door seals from Vintage Rubber? My '69 4-door was vandalized and I need to replace the seal on the driver's door.
I'm also looking for the chrome drip rail trim and possibly a new lock. :evil:
Attachments
Damage.jpg
Damage.jpg (364.63 KiB) Viewed 301 times
Kevin Partridge PhD
1969 4-door with Specialty upgrades
James

Re: Door seal from Vintage Rubber

Post by James »

That sucks! I don't have any input on your seal question - just bummed for you. I guess they didn't get in though?
Finished is better than perfect......
iceman510

Post by iceman510 »

I did not use their door weatherstrips, but I have used a few other of their parts, particularly the door squeegee rubbers, the rear 1/4 glass to frame gaskets, and various grommets for the firewall.

Only problem I noted was the cutout location for the for the latch plates did not match the original. I had to trim further.

Old on bottom, new on top.

qtr wdo gaskets 2.jpg
qtr wdo gaskets 2.jpg (672.75 KiB) Viewed 283 times
69yellow4door

Post by 69yellow4door »

Thanks! That looks like the rubber pieces are workable. They did not get in the car and I have a removable steering wheel anyway so they weren't going to get anywhere with it. Part of the problem is that all the body shops use software to estimate repair time and that software doesn't allow for cars of this vintage. I found a couple of nearby places that specialize in older cars now.
Kevin Partridge PhD
yenpit

Post by yenpit »

I will have the drivers front drip rail moulding, but big flat box into Canada might be expensive! Might you have a USA address to use?

Hate to say, but looks like they bent the heck out of that upper door frame!

Have you considered blacking out the upper door frames & the middle B pillar section, like BRE did? That would take care of most of that bad paint damage................
1973 510 2dr
1972 521 flat bed
1972 510 Wagon parts car
2009 Toyota Matrix S AWD

LOTS of 510 parts!
69yellow4door

Post by 69yellow4door »

Yeah, I'll see what the body shop can do with it. Fortunately the insurance company is being co-operative and will work with me to make sure it looks good in the end. I'll PM you about the drip rail moulding! These cars were very popular at one point here, especially in Quebec, but they were mostly completely destroyed doing things like ice-racing...
Kevin Partridge PhD
Rush
Supporter

Post by Rush »

I used Vintage Rubber seals on my 2 door. They're nice and fit well as far as I can tell. My originals were SO shot I haven't got too much to compare the VRs to, though. I do know my doors seal and with all the other rubbers I got from them, the windows no longer rattle.