Stock pulley and fan required

Post your forsale and wanted ads
bertvorgon
Supporter

Stock pulley and fan required

Post by bertvorgon »

Just posting this up for wagoneer from a Pm he sent me.

Hello there again,

After finally 4 or 5 years of absence, a few months ago I somehow remembered my password.
Still I don’t remember how to post to the overall 510 Realm; I’m not sure I ever did know how.
I’m trying to get my 71’ wagon back on the road after the Weber carb rebuild, a new aluminum radiator, tires, brakes, and now trying to return the conventional 510 4 bolt fan/water pump to the 2.0 liter I swapped from a 620 truck; the truck had the fluid drive clutch fan mechanism that apparently robs power and makes an obnoxious sound.
What I don’t have is the 4 bolt pully (and fan)that fastens onto the 510 conventional water pump.
I’d like to post this to the Realm to find out if there’s anyone out there who might have this small incidental part yet appearing more more harder to find.

Thanks in advance of any help,

Wagoneer
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Colbino

Re: Stock pulley and fan required

Post by Colbino »

I have the fan, but not sure about the pulley. Let me check on that today.
wagoneer

Post by wagoneer »

Wow thanks!
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Sent: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:19 am
Recipient: bertvorgon 72ultraorange

Hello MikeY,
I’m not sure if this is reaching you, I’m still learning how to navigate on the Realm.

FYI- For most of my time on the Realm, years ago, I had been corresponding with Julian ( okayfine ) he was invaluable in helping rebuild my 71’ 510 wagon. He has, I think, a BMW now that preoccupies him so I hesitate to impose on him.

Finally! after 5 or 6 years, I remembered my password a few months ago. I now have a new friend Kieth (bertvorgon). He suggested trying to contact you here on the Realm.

Re: 2.0 liter’s fluid coupling type fan/ H2O pump - 510 4 bolt fan H2O pump
I decide to replace my water pump on my 71’510 wagon, since is was going out, with the conventional 4 bolt 510 waterpump.
I swapped out the motor years ago for a 2.0 liter and put it in my 510; it came out of a 620 truck. This is the water pump; the fluid coupling type water pump, that needs to be replaced. But aside from replacing its because it’s worn out, there is the obnoxious whirling noise and apparently now I’ve learned the robbing of power from this hydraulic fan gizmo.
What I’ve found to convert the 2.0 liter back to the conventional 4 bolt 510 fan and water pump is; the 4 bolt fan (though I might be able to remodel the fluid fan’s cover ) and 510 water pump PULLY. I can’t move forward without this pully.
Would you have this stock pully? Or know of someone who might steer me in a direction to find one?
Thank you in advance for your precious time and your reply,
Todd (wagoneer)
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Todd, to send to MikeY say...you must click on his name on the realm..look for an old post,

then send a PM to him. I posted this here for you, maybe mike will see it at some point.

Keith Law
Colbino

Post by Colbino »

Yes. I have the pulley as well. Shot me over your email and I will send you some pics.

Thank you
MikeY

Post by MikeY »

I did just read this. I do not have an extra fan. Might have the pulley if needed. Seems you have found them both.
wagoneer

Post by wagoneer »

Colbino wrote: 05 Oct 2023 12:56 Yes. I have the pulley as well. Shot me over your email and I will send you some pics.

Thank you
GREART!
toddgieseler@yahoo.com
Colbino

Post by Colbino »

Pics. emailed.
wagoneer

Post by wagoneer »

OK Colbino,
You sent photo of the fan and pulley to my email on October 7th?
toddgieseler@yahoo.com
I’ll check, yet still, if the pulley fits the stock 510 water pump is 2” wide x 5.5” diameter, and the fan has 4 bolt holes that fasten to this water pump then I’m ready to buy the two items from you.
Wagoneer ( Todd )
toddgieseler@yahoo.com
cartel

Post by cartel »

I sent Todd a fan and pulley after MikeY sent me his info..
Mike Gibson
Datsun: 71 dime; 73 Z ; GT3 240
Other: 65 + 67 Mustang ; 03 murcie