Opinions - rear camber adjusters

Suspension, including wheel, tire and brake.
wrs1
Supporter

Opinions - rear camber adjusters

Post by wrs1 »

Hi, I have not posted in a minute, and I am interested in doing a rear camber upgrade to my 510 this winter. I have read all the old threads on here that I could find pertaining to the available options for modifications.
I am curious if there are any newer or better options for crossmember mounted adjusters. I saw the Madat adjusters that have fine adjustment bolts and lock nuts. I am aware of the Datsport option as well, which look very nice but are pricey and look like quite a bit of work to install. The Madat adjuster looks similar to Byron's with the exception of the ability to make the fine adjustments, which seems like a benefit.
Are there any other options out there that I should look at?
Also I already have poly bushings in the rear control arms. Are any of the typical mods compatible with these bushings or do they require mono ball or some other bushing? I think I have Energy Suspension bushings....the red ones, that use stock control arm bolts.
Thanks
Bill
Bill Spence
73 240Z 3.1 liter Rebello power, 70 510 2.1 liter Rebello power, 16 Porsche GT3, 06 Ferrari F430, 12 BMW E92 M3, 08 Chevy 2500 DMax, 16 High Caliber LS3 powered jet boat.
cambo503

Re: Opinions - rear camber adjusters

Post by cambo503 »

My vote would be for the Bryon's or Maddat brackets with OEM style rubber bushings, or a spherical bearing kit like the one offered from DP Racing. https://www.dpracing.co/datsun-510-rear-suspension-1 The poly bushings in any of the adjustable crossmember kits will be put in a bind, and have been known to wear out quickly because the flanges on the bushing will not lay flat against the adjustable brackets. The OEM style bushings have enough flex that when you tighten up the bolts they line up with the angle of the adjustable bracket.