ABS swap?

Suspension, including wheel, tire and brake.
icehouse

ABS swap?

Post by icehouse »

Has anyone swapped ABS into their 510? If you would have asked me 5 years ago if I would have even thought about ABS the answer would have been "HARD NO!" It turns out the reason you want ABS is different than you think. As it turns out you want ABS to not ruin tires. It's so easy to flat spot a tire road racing. For that reason alone we are going to try this winter to finish the K swap and do ABS!! With more speed will come more flat spots if we don't. I just wondered if maybe someone else has done it?
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
iceman510

Re: ABS swap?

Post by iceman510 »

Donor vehicle intent?

You will probably need to target something similar size and weight (difficult finding vehicle as light) since those systems are calibrated and tuned based on actual vehicle testing and performance, at least modern systems. Perhaps better to look at an older system not so sophisticated.
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

The one I got is called a MK60 of A M3 E46. The Miata guys use them so hopefully it works well in a dime.
Pista_510

Post by Pista_510 »

I know this is probably at an extreme end of the DIY vibe, however there is a dedicated ABS package kit for retrofitting into our racecars available...

https://www.efihardware.com/products/31 ... -clubsport
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Pista_510 wrote: 25 Sep 2023 18:08 I know this is probably at an extreme end of the DIY vibe, however there is a dedicated ABS package kit for retrofitting into our racecars available...

https://www.efihardware.com/products/31 ... -clubsport
Although it would be cool, just the tuning would be beyond me. Plus the M3 unit was super cheap. haha.