Steering box and arm pitman arm needed

Post your forsale and wanted ads
icehouse

Re: Steering box and arm pitman arm needed

Post by icehouse »

yenpit wrote: 27 Jan 2023 10:11
icehouse wrote: 24 Jan 2023 21:22 68 goons had the same crossmember LCA height as the late model 510's but the 68 sedan had raised LCA pivots. Some of the changes were for bump steer direction as well. They changed the direction it towed under compression.

Also ride height doesn't make the center link position change.

Center link was the same on all the cars, the idler and steering arm were different to change the position of the center link.
I wish I could link to what Ted Hedman posted, but I always lose FB posts, cuz so much activity......they get buried, get lost!! He posted a Datsun parts bulletin from way back in the day, which showed different part #'s for the pitman arm & the center link, which as far as I could tell, changed along with the VIN based ride height changes. My GUESS was that when the aftermarket picked up offering the center link, they simply chose to use the last available part, assuming it worked on earlier cars? I saw this kind of "part supercessions" often in my British parts career...............

That article shows the bump direction changing. So the sedan change wasn't for ride height. Byron has posted the article before. Either way it's all junk in my book :)
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam