Swamp thing, from drift car to Endure car

View and post your 510 project(s)
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: Swamp thing, from drift car to Endure car

Post by bertvorgon »

When I ran SIR ( lap and giant slalom's)in the 70's, tires were nothing like they are now and with the stock 3:9 gears, I could not pull enough speed in my 72' 510 and the bottom section was just laggy in my car at the time.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

bertvorgon wrote: 16 Sep 2022 13:50 When I ran SIR ( lap and giant slalom's)in the 70's, tires were nothing like they are now and with the stock 3:9 gears, I could not pull enough speed in my 72' 510 and the bottom section was just laggy in my car at the time.
We run Hankook RS4 which are decent tires and run a NA SR. I'm bet our car is more similar to how yours was. It's just a boring track.
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Another super fun race weekend! Car made it all weekend despite being hit under yellow by a Mustang :x

Sunday was when I was hit. It was at corner #4 he could have reached out and touched the flag when he hit me. They guy apologized... Flowed by "but I had you" Umm dude you ain't passing me in the corners if we were racing. No mustang can hang with the 510. Yeah maybe after a while he could have got me on the straights like the other high HP cars do. I watched the in-car video. He said he would have missed me but I swerved and gave him no where to go. Nope I took a very smooth racing line. I mean there wasn't much room for a car but if he was still racing he should have went under me where there was room. But it was a yellow flag so he should have actually not tried to pass me. Second time our car has been hit in the rear quarter panel. Plus is we have now tested Byron's brackets and they don't come loose, the arm actually bends way before the brackets move.

"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam