Rogers/Internet services down

General Discussion about the Datsun PL510
datzenmike
Supporter

Rogers/Internet services down

Post by datzenmike »

Doesn't seem to bother The Realm thank goodness. Lots of wonks Jonesing for their mint caramel Grande latte enemas at Starbucks this morning. (Fight Club reference) Last three times I went to the Cumberland bakery on my bike I took $8 in quarters to try and get rid of all the small change I've pulled from my pockets at bed time. Today I said, I hope you don't mind the change? She looked relieved and said thanks. Now it all makes sense. Interact is down too. Cash is King.

Can't access Ratsun since yesterday afternoon. Talk about Jonesing
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: Rogers/Internet services down

Post by bertvorgon »

That is funny Mike!

I watched the East centric CBC this morning, the World ended for a LOT of people, too funny.

My wife said at one place, giving a 5 dollar bill there threw them for a loop, to try to figure out the change......for a 4.50 purchase......

I have been a cash guy my whole life and it has proven to be wise many times. The debit world people need to have some cash tucked away for times like these.

That being said, I was so glad the Realm worked for my daily fix. Telus is not having a problem so far, no one has said if this is a denial of service attack or not.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
datzenmike
Supporter

Re: Rogers/Internet services down

Post by datzenmike »

My wife is out of town and normally I text*, and tell her at work when I get home from my morning walk. Today no 'good morning' from her so I just figured she was busy. About ten I get a phone call (I NEVER EVER answer the phone) display says it's her. She just wanted to make sure I got home ok... bless her heart. So I guess texting is also out.

*I have never and will never own a phone. This is a POS stripped, no internet capable, crap borrowed phone that allows texting and that's it. I take it on my daily 5 mile (8k for boomers) walk. At home it's plugged in. I'm the biggest Luddite there is in Canada. I can just barely text and if I push the wrong button I have to wait till my wife comes home to fix it.

So the upshot is, other than maybe access to Ratsun, I am not at all inconvenienced by this in the least.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs