280ZX Caliper questions

Suspension, including wheel, tire and brake.
JonnyCanuck

280ZX Caliper questions

Post by JonnyCanuck »

Curious if having 2 of the same 'sided' calipers would work for the 280ZX struts.

I know it would cause some wonky brake line routing, and mean that one side had a longer line than the other (difference in braking from side to side?)
Not having a set in from of me means I can't see if they are symmetrical or not aside from that, tho the photos I can find on rockauto suggest they are.
Since the pads are not directional, if the only thing different is bleeder and brake hose placement, it seems possible?

Only asking as whenever I've found any available online, there only seems to be what look like left side calipers.

I'm not particularly in love with Ebay, but will write a seller or two and see if their listing are just dummy photos, and if L/R are actually available, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Happy to be corrected, but from reading here some of the other proposed options like 4runner or volvo calipers don't fit the struts I have. Willwoods seem too spendy for the performance I'm likely to get out of the L20B...
‘71 510 Wagon
‘05 Subaru Legacy GT wagon
'71 Norton
Ontario, Canada
gooned

Re: 280ZX Caliper questions

Post by gooned »

Off the top of my head the bleeder would be wrong at least...
JonnyCanuck

Post by JonnyCanuck »

Yeah. Need to get my hands on a set and see!

Found some on kijiji not too far away from me, someone parting out a 280ZX. I've got the struts/hub/rotors, but could probably sell those on if his price on the whole unit is reasonable?
‘71 510 Wagon
‘05 Subaru Legacy GT wagon
'71 Norton
Ontario, Canada
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Put a piece of 3/4 plywood between the pads and bleed them off the car with the bleeder upwards. Then install
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs