my 72 510 little Project

View and post your 510 project(s)
Ryan@CiNcity

Re: my 72 510 little Project

Post by Ryan@CiNcity »

well me and about 8-10 other people are going to meet a few customers out there for the OC car show the first weekend of june. havent totally decided if we are all going to drive or fly or some fly some drive. i would like to drive but that depends on how the car is running at the time :)

but hell yeah it would be sweet to have a little mini meet.
Ryan@CiNcity

Post by Ryan@CiNcity »

well got the motor in and all hooked up. she turns over and all that stuff but i had timing and firing order issues to work out. by the end of the night it flooded out and it was late so i called it a night and let it sit for a bit. so hopefully it will be ready to go tomorrow!!! im super excited!!!

oh and we are flying into philly and meeting up with a few of our customers there on the 3rd and staying in the OC area till the 10th.
Ryan@CiNcity

Post by Ryan@CiNcity »

got it all worked out and she runs like a champ!!!

here are some quick cell phone pics till i can get some DSLR ones.

and yes i know it needs cleaned up i just needed it running first.

Ryan@CiNcity

Post by Ryan@CiNcity »

I installed full rear seatbelts last night and i have to say it was pretty easy. had to do a little modifying but all in all it went pretty good and looks like it could be stock. i used some belts out of a friends Camry to do them.

well after last night i offically have to say im in LOVE with my datsun!!! i just have a SOHC KA in it now and its plenty quick for me. granted i will still probably do a turbo swap(SR or CA) this winter but dang i could not see anyone going over 350hp and not crap there pants everytime the drive it :lol:

man im on such a datsun high right now!!!!
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

post a picture of the rear seatbelts.
Ryan@CiNcity

Post by Ryan@CiNcity »

i will try and get over to the shop tomorrow to get my camera so i can... was going to take pics as i was doing it but my camera was at the shop.

Rolled my rear fenders today and removed the bumpers. pretty sure the front one is going to stay off but im not sure about the rear yet.
Ryan@CiNcity

Post by Ryan@CiNcity »

got the car all washed and waxed today. there are about 8-10 of us going out to shoot some shots so we were cleaning the whips today.

here are some pics of my car but later i will post some pics of all the cars today to include a Ion Redline, 3000GT-TT, a s13 frontend swapped onto a s14, Evo 8, oh and our veilside NSX. there are a few more that im not sure of but should be a good time, its a really nice day out here.

anyways heres some of my dime.....

Ryan@CiNcity

Post by Ryan@CiNcity »

here is a pic of our Shop car and some HDR work on the above pic. i have alot more from our cruise but they are needing some editing.

MYTE_510

Post by MYTE_510 »

OH HEY!!!!

IM BRINGING THIS BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!!

Its almost road worthy again after a VERY long 10+ years of being on the back, way back, burner. I was doing a bunch of work to it when I was still in Illinois about 6-7 years ago and hit a few walls. I moved to Colorado shortly after that and it went into hibernation (indoors when I left). Cats were living in it, and the weather was doing its thing until about a year and a half ago when my brother brought it out to me. Since then its been in my garage slowly getting taken apart and put back together after being totally apart for so long.

It is so close to being back on the road again! Ill try to update this with more pictures along the way and I have a few to add from the past 10+ years haha.

Current State:

Where is was for too long:

loungin112

Post by loungin112 »

Amazing the life stages these poor cars tend to go through. The known story of mine only goes back about 10 years...anything before that is lost to time.

Welcome to CO. There are a few 510 owners here, not many though. Feel free to reach out sometime. Happy to share resources I've learned of, and also the ones to stay away from.
JordanTr

Post by JordanTr »

These are the best bump from the dead posts!
'72 2 door KA project | S14 Silvia RB25DET | S14 RB26DETT (sold) | '90 Audi 90Q20V (sold)
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

JordanTr wrote: 26 Jan 2022 17:35 These are the best bump from the dead posts!
Agreed 100%

Look forward to your updates.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
MYTE_510

Post by MYTE_510 »

It is back on the road around colorado springs. Ill be trying to get out to some local track events this summer. If you see me out and about come say hi!

loungin112

Post by loungin112 »

Nice!
I'm here in Parker.
I'll be at cars and coffee the 2nd saturday this month with my 510. Hope you can make it at Parker Vehicle Vault...be there no later than 830 if you go.