ISO Haltech ECU feed back.

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

ISO Haltech ECU feed back.

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

Sup everyone and happy holidays. I hope everyone is well over this holiday weekend. I am checking to see if anyone on this forum is running a Haltech ECU in their SR swapped Datsun's. If you have a Haltech ECU in your death box please chime in. Please let me know which one you have and why you picked that particular ECU in their line up. Definitely going to go Haltech just not sure which one to run. I know there are tons of ECU's in the market that can get the job done but I want a company thats based here in the US, has great support and has been around along time...Which is why I am heavily learning towards Haltech. Just looking for any feedback with the unit and if you ran into any hiccups along the way of running your car. Thanks again fellas.
1970 2 door sr20det cookie cutter build
My build thread
http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30772
Nor Cal Meng !
510rob

Re: ISO Haltech ECU feed back.

Post by 510rob »

Last I knew, Haltech was an Australian company, but that was in the 1980s and a lot of things have changed since then...
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

Haltech is still Australian.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

I was under the impression they were in the US. Oh well they've been around along time and have great support. Thanks anyway
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !
cartel

Post by cartel »

Haltech def AU.. as is Motec- Autronic- Link- I believe Emtron and many more.. i heard a long time ago that Motec were partners and split (possibly haltech- cant remember now) and then a top tech guy left to start Autronic- it filters down from there-

Certain countries/areas excel in specific fields- AU is the place for EFI. Italy for espresso machines and gate openers- Boston for coding as well as San Fran that was before working from home.. no idea now.

a LOT of SR are on link-- both of mine are- Ive used Haltech as well- and own a ka23de on autronic plus v8 Holley term x and domin..
Mike Gibson
Datsun: 71 dime; 73 Z ; GT3 240
Other: 65 + 67 Mustang ; 03 murcie
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

Thanks for the info Cartel. I sent you a pm with out reading this first. So now you have two lol
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !
ostaylor
Supporter

Post by ostaylor »

I checked out the Link website... a lot of options there. I'm not even sure where to begin for my S13 SR20DET. I'm pretty sure I need and will get a wiring specialties wiring harness. I've got the stock ECU but it sounds like I shouldn't use that and should go with an after market one if I want to have greater control over the performance.
Regards,
Owen
70 Datsun 510 2 door - SR20DET - https://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?t=34572
64 Studebaker Daytona - Supercharged 289 4 speed
65 Sunbeam Tiger MkI
eastbaysolo_73
Supporter

Post by eastbaysolo_73 »

ostaylor wrote: 31 Dec 2021 09:20 I checked out the Link website... a lot of options there. I'm not even sure where to begin for my S13 SR20DET. I'm pretty sure I need and will get a wiring specialties wiring harness. I've got the stock ECU but it sounds like I shouldn't use that and should go with an after market one if I want to have greater control over the performance.
If you wanna get you car up and running and haven't changed the injectors or MAF I would recommend using the stock ECU. You don't need a wiring specialties engine harness if you have a stock one. Not much to wire up to get it to work in your Datsun. But if you don't wanna bother with it then the pro harness is the way to go. Make sure if you do go standalone that the tuners in your area are familiar with the ECU your gonna run or you'll run into issue like I did on my build. If you plan on keeping the engine stock for while just stay with the factory ECU. You still have tons of fun with the car. Just my two cents. Happy boosting. :mrgreen:
My build thread
Nor Cal Meng !