Osoyoos & Oliver Forest Fires

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
bertvorgon
Supporter

Osoyoos & Oliver Forest Fires

Post by bertvorgon »

Hey all,

Hoping Matt and Family are ok in Oliver, we just had friends evacuated from the Nk'Mip campground on Osoyoos, they live there full time.

Scary stuff.

I sent Matt a hello and well wish PM.

Crazy what is going on in the province right now with the fires.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Byron510

Re: Osoyoos & Oliver Forest Fires

Post by Byron510 »

I saw yesterday that the back fence at Area 27 was on fire. The FB photo shows the track, with the hill behind burning.

Insane, so many people have lost their homes and cabins in the back country. I was diverted around the Lytton fire on Canada Day, the whole town lost in 30 minutes. A good friend nearly lost his cabin in the Deka Lk fire. Some of his neighbours were not so lucky.
Our old friend Merlin, mayor of Clearwater, has been pleading for assistance through the emergency response powers…
My sister has a ranch near Mt Baldy, she just had a bunch of beautiful old pine and spruce trees taken down near her ranch house property two weeks ago. Yes they provided nice cool shade, but she’s very worried about the fire risk.the highway into Osoyoos was closed for a while this week, she could get into town.
Crazy year… again!

Byron

Hats off to the firefighters on the ground that are doing this best.
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: Osoyoos & Oliver Forest Fires

Post by bertvorgon »

Matt sent me a great photo of the flames at Area 27, they are doing ok so far.

I did see Merlin on TV, NISSAN decal on the background notice board.

Not heard if our friends able to go back home yet, wind took the fire Up Anarchist Mountain.

My brother has been doing his own safety protocol...sprinklers, fire hose and reliable pumps! he keeps the ATV gassed as his escape vehicle should any fire block the only road out, he can do the back trail route.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer