cars n coffee cruises langley / surrey BC Friday nites

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: cars n coffee cruises langley / surrey BC Friday nites

Post by bertvorgon »

Such strange times for sure. I guess I better state that our drive NEXT weekend is an "informal" event..not even an event....if others show up at the Hope Chevron....well...how amazing is that.....Sheesh...

Sure looks to be a good long range weather window so far and an awesome long weekend.

Traffic on #1 totally screwed this morning, one car wipes out for Eastbound traffic......Holy cow is the back up crazy long already, I doubt it will clear for hours, then it gets hit again with late afternoon push to get out of dodge. Why I do not go far on long weekends.

I guess on one of the days I will roll car out, go for a small drive and then fuel up for the following weekend.

I have been working on a story, from my years in the precious metals world, of brass bars in a vault, that were used as a HUGE scam, as they were purported to be gold. This goes back to the 90's. Then, I stumbled onto a story from 2019, which never hit the main news cycle, of a similar scam totaling 4.8 BILLION DOLLARS!!!! Crazy the scheming minds out there. I just finished a story about the fake gold out there in the World, again the level of sophistication of some of the fake stuff is incredible. Keeps me busy at any rate.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
cartel

Post by cartel »

well MAYBE Langley 192 Timmies-- will be back on this weekend-- for the past few weeks there have been a few cars there and also
there have been cars at the A+W beside the old pizza hut (closed) on 200st beside coast capital savings- so its a large parking lot - Timmies on 192 had a few 2 weeks ago but i expect more tomorrow.

Coquitlam last night was well over 200 cars- at the Timmies on united blvd- i think everyone is fed up with the BS going on and have had enough-
the cruise in for langley (aldergrove) sept 11 is tentatively on as well - that if its a full on should be massive .

we have a car show at work - i think its set for July 18 if allowed with covid - a friend arranges it all and all proceeds go to crohns and colitis society all registered.
https://www.facebook.com/CartelClassicsCarShow/

as some may know i drive a different car every chance i get -- if i know theres some 510s going i will take a dime out--

and i am pretty sure colossus cars and coffee is this weekend? so fathers day 9 am --!
Mike Gibson
Datsun: 71 dime; 73 Z ; GT3 240
Other: 65 + 67 Mustang ; 03 murcie
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I’ll attend this morning at Colossus this morning. There’s a group of Datsun guys meeting at Pacific Nissan and then headed over to Langley for the ‘show’. A few hundred cars are expected, not difficult in Langley. I called my father last night, and he said he’d join me in his custom jade ‘53 Ford lead sled.
Should be fun, I’ll post some photos. It’ll be my first car show in 2 years. It’s been a strange time.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Morning World!

I can't make this one, just got back from a wonderful camping trip. Does this one happen every Sunday morning?

I will be good to go for whatever next weekend, hope to drive the car this week for shakedown drive over to Specialty and adjust valves.

Thanks for the heads up Byron, yes, it has been a few years since we have done any shows.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
gooned

Post by gooned »

Look fw to some pics Byron!
cartel

Post by cartel »

didn't see this till after.. was 500 plus cars.i took the mustang. wife the green machine..

had just enough time to walk around once before the police claimed to have been called.. seems suspicious considering its a Sunday. .. just more covid bs Ness..

so probably 700 people and 7 masks. shows pretty clearly we are tired of the forced control.. IMO..

was an amazing turnout. lots of variety
no idiots except the the popo ruining fathers day.. maybe police resources could be used for something useful. this sure wasn't.

THANKS to cars and coffee arranging it!
Mike Gibson
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

It was a pretty amazing turnout for being a non organized event. Apparently there has been a gathering of cars atvthisblocationnon weekends for a couple months. In any case, there had to be 300 cars there by 8am when my father and I arrived. And by 9am there had to be over 600 cars. As Ike stated, there was a huge cross section of everything from American, Japanese, British, German, Italian, French and even Swedish citing a couple of Saab’s. Customs, low riders, street rods, drifters, rat rods - you name it, it was there in droves.
But it was all gone by 10am.
Lots of familiar 510, Z and Roadster guys there. I walked around with my dad, who’s an old school hot rodder - still trying to absorb the knowledge he has regarding the 40’s to 70’s iron. Took one of my exchange students from Japan- she loved the whole thing.
Anyways, no photos to share with you, unfortunately.
I’ll look forward to when we can get back to car shows. Obviously So is everyone else when 600 - 700 cars just ‘Show up’ at a location to get together.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
cartel

Post by cartel »

langley was busier tonight..
venue seems to be split though. the AW on 200st by the bypass is the main now... overflow to the old pizza hut and then across to coast capital and the other direction towards Bank of mtl. guessing 120 cars so still not up to a regular fri nite. I went by 192 st timmies.. (last years location) and was about 40 cars there as well..
Mike Gibson
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Any Datsun contingent doing anything coming up?

Keith Law