vg33 wagon build

Problems, ideas and comments specific to engine swaps.
vgwag'n

vg33 wagon build

Post by vgwag'n »

Hi guys,
So I have been planning a vg swap into my wife's new to us wagon. I have the swap vehicle(95 pathfinder) and am planning to use turbo zx auto for the trans. I have also secured a new crate vg33 for use as well. My hangups so far include:
Where to source a oil pan
What do do about headers
How much the trans tunnel is going to be a problem
I know from digging the forum that EE,team thump,etc are no longer producing. DP racing seems crazy high for a street car pan.

Also I know from previous reading, the front strut question has been asked to death. I have not found a definitive answer
I do NOT want to lower our car(the opposite) I want to slightly lift it. For a somewhat rally inspired look. Can I use uncut 280z struts to achieve this?
SIlveradofab
icehouse

Re: vg33 wagon build

Post by icehouse »

If I were you I would do a front sump pan, cheap on ebay. I actually have a set of 200sx manifolds if you are interested. I've been saving them because I'm a junk collector and I hate throwing things away that could be used. Trans tunnel will be fine. It same as KA or SR. ZX struts are fine except the calipers are no longer available.
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
vgwag'n

Post by vgwag'n »

@icehouse. So a Maxima pan maybe? I would love to talk more about your 200sx manifolds. I have been looking for some for a few months. Do you have exhaust and intake?
Another option may be from what i have read is a 200 sx strut. We have a not so junk s12 i may cannibalize for this. NOT a vg but 4 cylinder.
SIlveradofab
vgwag'n

Post by vgwag'n »

I am also planning on doing some sort of electric steering assist. I haven't seen any done on a 510. I have seen a saturn vue unit installed on an s30z.
While I would like to possibly do a rack and pinion swt up I have heard mixed results. This is merely for comfort and not performance.
SIlveradofab
JohnMH

Post by JohnMH »

If you are thinking of going with the 200sx struts, I have a pair/set of the 1987-1988 200sx S12 V6 SE Front Strut Assemblies.
Just the stock struts with stock springs...no hubs, rotors or calipers.
These are the Holy Grail of Struts and Extremely difficult to find.
You can use 5 lug hubs with these struts (so that you can use a wider variety of wheels) and it is possible to use the very large 300zx brakes.
BUT...I can't give them away too cheap...and I'm in San Jose, California. They are also heavy as hell and very expensive to ship.
So, if you decide in that direction, and you're reasonably close to here, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I also have a complete set (top to bottom) 280zx struts (including hubs, rotors and calipers) if you need.
Same location issue though...
Just let me know and good luck.
I'm excited to see how well this turns out for you,
John