Dash cam footage from Abbotsford

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
bertvorgon
Supporter

Dash cam footage from Abbotsford

Post by bertvorgon »

Anybody see this on the news?! I was just out at that intersection 2 days ago.

That truck blows the yellow...the guy in the truck turns left on the yellow...and look how FAST the semi is going...

https://www.abbynews.com/news/video-das ... bbotsford/
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
datzenmike
Supporter

Re: Dash cam footage from Abbotsford

Post by datzenmike »

If it wasn't a brake failure then too much speed and complacency
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

imagine being dashcam guy, no were to go, guy behind sitting on you bumper and no exits :shock:
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Not that it would help here but I always stop far enough back that I can see the tires of the car ahead of me. It would seem to me that in a pinch I could wheel out to either side. If you had the time.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

I agree with Mike. My grandson has his”L” and one thing I emphasize to him is make sure you can see the tires of the car in front of you.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

My $0.02 worth. If you slow motion the vid, the rig barely makes it across the crosswalk before the red light - he was gunning it, no doubt. The pickup however is in the wrong as he turned into the path of the rig. They’re both idiots and the book should be thrown at them both. Thank god there were no major injuries. Back to the slow mo- the pass side front tire of the rig makes no correction or counter correction after the initial impact with the pick up. The ensuing roll over is imminent- regardless of ensuing impacts. It’s what happened after the initial impact with the pick up that has me wondering. I see two scenarios;
- The impact of the pick up may have bent or broke the steering tie rod on the rig or jammed or broke the box. The impact sheared the bumper right off. It’s possible the truck had no steering from the impact onwards.
- The driver of the rig may not have been wearing a seat belt. It’s a highway truck with an air ride seat. Those things have 8-12” of travel in the seat alone. With a impact and violent steering input, load shift and the height of the truck as it swayed back and forth - with no seat belt on, its possible the driver got tossed out of the seat, and was just hanging from the wheel from the impact onward and would not have been able to make a correction.

There are many other scenarios. I’d love to read the report, but we’ll never see it.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.