Lift is in, car in air...

View and post your 510 project(s)
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: Lift is in, car in air...

Post by bertvorgon »

I will cook up and send you a turkey.......

I can only imagine what scary stuff you see in "other" countries planes.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Camano510
Supporter

Post by Camano510 »

Heading home on the 15th.... Finally. Now I have to re-learn how to work. 58 days of not touching tools is too long. Did a bunch of project planning and design work for the house/property. Designed the shop, all the way down to the plumbing, and bar in the loft area!

BTW- If any of you want a good laugh, go to the JNC site, find that bad ass 510 build from SEMA, and read the comments. Some guy named Mike lost his mind on me (and a couple other guys) for informing him that he misunderstood a post from our own Dave Patten from FutuFab. This is my first internet experience with a guy calling me a keyboard warrior/internet troll, claiming I have no life and crave attention. Cherry broken! Ha....

Glad to be heading home. Cheers!
Darryl Cavanaugh
"There is no such thing as free school. Every lesson learned cost me some form of 'tuition'. Time, money, or pain. Sometimes all three".
71 510 2dr father/son project
510rob

Post by 510rob »

I tend to think that a person like that would call anyone any name in order to protect his/her own fragile ego.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Is there a direct link to that conversation?
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
510rob

Post by 510rob »

gooned

Post by gooned »

yeesh, hate the Internet for this kinda shiit
Camano510
Supporter

Post by Camano510 »

Like an itch that demands to be scratched, I went and checked it again. At this point, I'm ready to keep him spooled. He seriously has a problem... Apparently, I'm a snobby Brit who needs to 'follow my Mama's advice'.... Uh,Wut? I may actually contact JNC and have them review it, to maybe reel this guy in. He's actually hurting them more than anyone.

I'm with you, gooned. The Internet is at the same time the best and the worst thing ever.

Flight in a few hours. Can't wait to get home.
Darryl Cavanaugh
"There is no such thing as free school. Every lesson learned cost me some form of 'tuition'. Time, money, or pain. Sometimes all three".
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Agreed - far too much time on his hands. I do like the car build however, looks great.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
510tdi

Post by 510tdi »

Holy mackerolli!
I hadn't visited JNC for a while so I'd missed that exchange. I'm sure Dave has long gotten over it but WOW, that's quite a lode of complete horse-shite. Another reminder of how the USA does little to help the plight of the mentally ill and just makes me want to buy a bunch of un-needed stuff from Futofab! ;^)
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

510tdi wrote:Holy mackerolli!
I hadn't visited JNC for a while so I'd missed that exchange. I'm sure Dave has long gotten over it but WOW, that's quite a lode of complete horse-shite. Another reminder of how the USA does little to help the plight of the mentally ill and just makes me want to buy a bunch of un-needed stuff from Futofab! ;^)
I just read that mess today and hehehehe!! where's doctor Ruth when you need her because someone isn't getting any 8>\ I know Dave pretty well and I believe he just looked at it and thought to himself, "I don't need to explain myself if the guy can understand" or " Yup! I'm not turning this into a pissing contest" Dave's a pretty lay back good guy one I can say fersure wasn't putting down that build,,At All. 28 degrees currently and will be getting warmer all week and will actually hit 50 with some rain later in the week. Actually broke a sweat walking the 1/4 mile across the Plains into work 8>)
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
Camano510
Supporter

Post by Camano510 »

Update... Been a few months (and repairs-Germany, South Korea, Ontario).

Big day at the house yesterday:

After about 3 months of waiting (due to the current construction market), my dirt guy pulled the 5 stumps out of the yard. Over the winter, I had dropped and gotten rid of 5 large evergreens, and moved a couple fruit trees to create the site for the shop.

After I got back from Ontario, I decided that my summer project would be to replace the deck on the house. Poorly constructed, and aging, it just wasn't going to work for me. Tore it down, and the structural lumber package just arrived. Shop prep still underway, awaiting a go-ahead from the HOA (Don't get me started on THAT), and then the permit process, which I was told would be 2 months from submittal (although, I have friends in certain positions). At this rate, if I have a foundation by the Spring, I'd feel lucky. Shop designs are already done- just need the green light. 40x48, 1/2 of it with 14 ft walls, other half 18 ft, with a 'clean work' area, which just so happens will be upstairs, with a great view, deck, big screen, bar....

And the icing on the day (Yes-510 RELATED!), I picked up the Craigslist LZ2.2 Turbo/ZX 5spd combo from Frank. It's what my future build needs, as I wasn't as interested in the SR or KA as I maybe should be. This is a complete bolt-in, and is pretty custom/unique. I took it directly to my container, which I must say has filled up with 'finds' while it's contents wait for their new home.....

Now to PM icehouse......

That's what I call a good day.
Darryl Cavanaugh
gooned

Post by gooned »

Mmmm LZ turbo

Need me a Turbo valve cover one of these days!
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

I heard someone in your area bought it, congratulations! It's defiantly a fun motor!
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
Camano510
Supporter

Post by Camano510 »

We'll be talking, icehouse. I have a couple questions.
Darryl Cavanaugh
Camano510
Supporter

Post by Camano510 »

Went to N. Carolina for 17 days in August, home a week, and then just returned from 23 days in Santiago, Chile. While in NC, my wonderful collection of old ladies who are on the architectural review committee of the HOA denied my shop design. Back to the drawing board for a re-design. Sigh..... I will address their 'issues' with it, and if I am denied again, I will be forced to sue my own HOA for discrimination. Other houses in the neighborhood have shops....Go figure.

Decided to purchase a container (instead of continuing to rent), so that was a full day of swapping everything to the new one. Man, I have a lot of stuff.... So, if it counts, I may not have done any work on the cars, but I touched everything!
Darryl Cavanaugh