Washer fluid pump replacement

Paint, body preparation and modification, interior work and electrical
DonnieDatsun
Supporter

Washer fluid pump replacement

Post by DonnieDatsun »

Is the 240z wiper motor the same as the 510? It looks similar in pics, but I can't seem to find any info.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/ ... 02/12-4472

Also, does anyone have any insight regarding where I could get a replacement rubber boot/housing for the motor (where it attaches to the tank)? Mine is dried out and disintegrating.

Thanks!
RMS
Supporter

Re: Washer fluid pump replacement

Post by RMS »

looks like the one. ....i may have to grab one for the 68

what no buy it now ? where's my instant gratification...oh well I will gussy up mine, fix the weep.
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

DonnieDatsun wrote:Is the 240z wiper motor the same as the 510? It looks similar in pics, but I can't seem to find any info.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/ ... 02/12-4472

Also, does anyone have any insight regarding where I could get a replacement rubber boot/housing for the motor (where it attaches to the tank)? Mine is dried out and disintegrating.

Thanks!

240Z and 510 bottle assembly is the same.
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
DonnieDatsun
Supporter

Post by DonnieDatsun »

Are there any places that sell replacement rubber for the motor mounting point?
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

It's used on the '60s Nissan Patrol and on the S30 through '73.

Unless trying to be period correct the 620 washer bottle is similar, maybe more rounded and larger, 610s are squarish like the 510 but deeper/longer? S10 similar to the 610s They all say JIDCO so no one will notice.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
DonnieDatsun
Supporter

Post by DonnieDatsun »

I'm definitely trying to keep it correct, but I have a bottle in pristine condition, I just need the rubber boot for the motor.
zKars
Supporter

Post by zKars »

I can scare you up a washer motor mount rubber thingy. Drop me a note to z240@shaw.ca.
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

DonnieDatsun wrote:Is the 240z wiper motor the same as the 510? It looks similar in pics, but I can't seem to find any info.
after spending the cash and waiting on delivery I can honestly say NO, no it is not the same!

first impression was not good. cheesy flaky patch wire and a tall plug( not correct for 68-73 pl510. luckily I had a washer bottle and rubber boot from an HL510.

dropped the old pump in a cup of hot water to soften up the rubber for extraction.

laid the new pump beside the HL510 pump...ya....still not close to right.

something tells me this won't fit

ready to grab the BFH and start smashing .......took a deep breath and dismantled the damaged HL pump.
pl510 hl510 universal replacement

with a small flat head I bent back the crimp.

with the cap removed I gently bent the tab retaining the impeller extracted impeller and slowly worked the gland up the shaft and out of the barrel exposing the contacts.

I cleaned up the commutator and winding. then used a insulating clear lacquer on the winding's

I then took apart the pl pump and destroyed one of the contacts removing the gland....so much for making a new pl pump :x
where's that hammer ...............
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!