WTB: 2 door 510

Post your forsale and wanted ads
mroverkill

WTB: 2 door 510

Post by mroverkill »

I know it's a long shot, and I'm looking on craigslist, these classifieds, and the ratsun classifieds, but I haven't seen anything yet so I figured I would drop a line here.

I'm looking for a 2 door 510, preferably relatively original and running, but definitely straight and low rust. I don't have much preference on year or location (if it's running, otherwise the closer to GA the better).

Let me know what you've got.
The Taterhead

Re: WTB: 2 door 510

Post by The Taterhead »

There is a guy in Gainsville, GA (I think) named Rodney or Rusty that used to buy & sell 510's. He flaked out on buying a wagon from me a few years ago but maybe you could put a want ad on CL and see if he see's it. Also check searchtempest.com You can search within a certain mile radius.
mroverkill

Post by mroverkill »

I appreciate the advice, man. I'll go ahead and put a wanted ad up in Gainesville. And thanks for the recommendation for searchtempest. I've been using it a lot but wanted to throw down as many lines as I could.
mroverkill

Post by mroverkill »

Just bumping this in case someone sees it. Still looking for a 2 door 510. Doesn't have to be in great shape interior or running gear wise, just straight and rust free.
finn
Supporter

Post by finn »

What price range are you looking for? Is it so low your afraid to say in your ad?
'69 2dr KA24DET
okayfine wrote:You could turn the car into a Transformer. Just a matter of money and talent. Front-hinge hood would be easier, but you still need money. And talent.
mroverkill

Post by mroverkill »

finn wrote:What price range are you looking for? Is it so low your afraid to say in your ad?
Really depends on the car. Preferably under 4 grand though.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

A straight rust-free two-door roller on the East Coast is probably no longer <$4K. :(
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
mroverkill

Post by mroverkill »

okayfine wrote:A straight rust-free two-door roller on the East Coast is probably no longer <$4K. :(
Doesn't need to be east coast.
jay123

Post by jay123 »

okayfine wrote:A straight rust-free two-door roller on the East Coast is probably no longer <$4K. :(
I agree!! I live in Florida and was looking for a while till I found mine. Not perfect by any means. But not a junker either.
I work on it slowly when time permits.
Surely glad I have it with the prices of some and the condition.
There is a guy in Jax, Fla that has one on Craigslist. Needs serious rust work and all.
Guy has been trying to sell it for over 3+ years at least. Went from $5500 to $3500 now.
Take a look..
'72 510 2dr getting li'l luv..
mroverkill

Post by mroverkill »

jay123 wrote:
I agree!! I live in Florida and was looking for a while till I found mine. Not perfect by any means. But not a junker either.
I work on it slowly when time permits.
Surely glad I have it with the prices of some and the condition.
There is a guy in Jax, Fla that has one on Craigslist. Needs serious rust work and all.
Guy has been trying to sell it for over 3+ years at least. Went from $5500 to $3500 now.
Take a look..
Saw that one, a little too rusty for me. He has it advertised in Atlanta as well... That price is insane for what that car is, even on the east coast.
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

mroverkill

Post by mroverkill »

defdes wrote:It's a long way from 4k but... http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5083136180.html

A little rich for my blood. Thanks for the heads up.
finn
Supporter

Post by finn »

Have you tried posting in your local classifieds? My thoughts are that there's two groups of car owners out there. People who have modernized themselves with the Internet and are somewhat aware of what their classic is presently worth, and people (elders) who haven't seen the rise in popularity or the dwindling stock.
Point being, said people still use newspapers on Sundays to keep up with local current events and tend to glance through classifieds. Or friends of them will and will bring such wanted ads to light.
Just trying to help.. GLWYS
'69 2dr KA24DET
okayfine wrote:You could turn the car into a Transformer. Just a matter of money and talent. Front-hinge hood would be easier, but you still need money. And talent.
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

mroverkill wrote:
defdes wrote:It's a long way from 4k but... http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/5083136180.html

A little rich for my blood. Thanks for the heads up.
Well, if you're looking to get a good solid 510 and plan on doing some work on it that $8000 510 is a good deal. Putting $4000 out for a 510 then doing the typical little things to get it looking decent may very well cost you another $4000 so!!
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon