Hello Realm

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
noramost

Hello Realm

Post by noramost »

Hello, my name is John Tharp,
Once upon a time; I was working at a VW Dealership in 1969 when I saw a 240Z drive by so I walked over to the Datsun Dealership on my lunch hour and got a job with them. At the end of the day I pushed my tools down the sidewalk to the Datsun Dealer to start my new job the next day in Prescott Arizona. The next month the owner loaned me a WPL411 SSS, off the used car lot, to drive to Datsun School in Gardena, CA. I left the next morning, at 3AM, driving down the Spars on HY89, it’s a hand carved windy road carved into the mountain by the WPA with a 25 MPH speed limit, well the wagon went 45 – 60 so I bought it when I got back to Prescott and been hooked on Datsuns every since. There was an earthquake that morning and it took me 8 hours to get from Redlands to Gardena with the overpasses down. Well anyway, later, I worked many Datsun Dealers in the Valley of the Sun, and about the time they switched the name to Nissan I started my own place called Japanese Auto Works, a 1 bay I started with $200 and worked my way up to a 9 bay which I sold and retired at 55. We had a dyno and a lot of fun stuff and we built lots of Datsuns and we all lived happily ever after.
defdes
Supporter

Re: Hello Realm

Post by defdes »

Now THAT'S an introduction, good story. Welcome, post some pics of Datsuns past or future.
noramost

Post by noramost »

Where should I post picks of past projects?
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

Howdy John,

Browse through the Board Index and pick the most appropriate topic.

Project builds might be a good place to start if you have project documentation.

Welcome old timer! :wink:
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Hello John, welcome to The Realm. If you could put your location in your profile, that'll help us know where you are. You can post back-in-the-day pictures in this thread, or start up a new thread in General.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
PoorMtnKid
Supporter

Post by PoorMtnKid »

What a good story. I imagined a guy pushing is Tools down the road, cant wait to see the history pics.
looking for pass. side arm rest