SOLD. Custom 510 Coilover Setup (struts, camber/caster, etc)

Post your forsale and wanted ads
thisismatt
Supporter

SOLD. Custom 510 Coilover Setup (struts, camber/caster, etc)

Post by thisismatt »

SOLD

Up for sale is my custom 510 strut/coilover setup. This was intended for my 510, but things happen and I had to sell it. The struts with coilovers & 15mm spacers will allow fitment of a 16x7 +33 offset wheel, so they should fit a similar +18mm offset wheel without spacers, and of course various other size wheels depending on diameter, width, & offset. Basically, all things being equal, these will fit a higher offset wheel than stock 510 or 280zx struts, and they're basically the shortest struts you're likely to find. The brakes are very similar/comparable to 280zx brakes, just a smidgen smaller. I'll start this out as a complete setup and only part it out if nobody wants all of it. Bear with me, there is a long list. Here is what I have:

4-lug 200sx struts (mid 80's, not sure what year). I stripped the spring perch and sent them off to be professionally shortened and re-threaded by machinist Byron on the510realm; not cut & welded like most. When I got them back I sandblasted them, welded on the new coilover perch, and then powdercoated them gloss black. Some light scuffs on the powdercoat from storage/handling.

New Tokico Illumina BZ3125 5-way adjustable strut inserts. These are 90-94 front MR2 inserts. The 200sx struts have been shortened to fit these, which are shorter than 280zx stock struts and shorter than the often used MR2 rear strut inserts.

4-lug 200sx hubs have been chemically dipped to remove grease/grime, paint, & rust, but have not been painted. The hubs have brand new bearings & bearing races (not packed with grease yet), along with new seals & new dust caps. They also have brand new, longer wheel studs pressed in, which came with the H&R wheel spacers below. Some normal dings as you'll find on 30 year old hubs.

New brake rotors. These are just your basic aftermarket rotors. These are similar, but slightly smaller, than 280zx rotors. One was used during mockup and some surface rust accumulated and was cleaned off. It looks weird, but there is nothing wrong with it.

Newly remanufactured 200sx brake calipers. One complete "loaded" set with everything including brake pads, and one set which is just the calipers without pads or brackets. These are also similar to 280zx calipers, with single large pistons.

Brake rotor dust/splash shields have been blasted & powdercoated gloss black, and new stainless button head screws & lock washers are included.

Custom billet aluminum bump steer/roll center adjusters (RCAs). Made by mattndew76 on ratsun & the510realm, these custom RCAs are 1.5" tall and adapt from the stock 510 steering knuckle boss to the larger diameter 200sx strut cup. This helps take the sheer load off of just the two steering knuckle bolts, and you won't get this if using regular 510/280zx spacers. New, longer 10.9 spec bolts & stainless lock washers included.

New Techno Toy Tuning/Ground Control coilover sleeves, top hats, & Eibach springs. 8" long springs/sleeves with 275lb springs.

New H&R Trak+ 15mm hubcentric wheel spacers. Slip-on type, with a 66.2mm bore. These came with extended length 12x1.25 studs which have been pressed into the above hubs.

New Ground Control camber/caster plates. These plates offer both camber and caster, as well has having an integrated top hat that features a separate thrust bearing & spherical articulating load surface to accompany the spherical ball in the plate, taking the load off of just the spherical ball. GC doesn't offer these anymore, but I believe they are a superior design to the more common plates. They can be mounted either under or on top of the strut tower, usually on top. Some light corrosion on some of the cad plating which I've tried to show in the pictures, but otherwise in nice NOS condition. Also included are custom machined sleeves/bushings (again by Byron) to properly fit the Tokicos to the top hat spherical ball.

I looked up some prices for parts and came up with the following numbers:

Tokico BZ3125 Strut: $130/ea, $260/pr
Ground Control Camber/Caster plates: $399/set NLA
Bump steer/rca spacers: $75-100/pr if you can even find them
Coilover kit: $219.00/set
H&R spacers & studs: $102/set
Reman calipers: Complete/loaded $30/ea, caliper only $20/ea, $100/all
Hub dust caps: $9.24/pr
Bearings: $25.22/set
Seals: $4.00/pr
Salvage struts/hubs: $150/pr
Strut shortening, rethreading, & custom strut/camber plate bushing: $??? Can't remember, but pretty sure over $100
Blasting/striping/powder coating: $??? Did it myself, so I guess you get that for free.
New misc. hardware: $??? Can't remember, maybe $10-20

That's $1453.46 not including labor, stripping & powdercoating, etc

Asking $1100 SOLD, plus shipping or local pick-up (preferred), willing to negotiate. I'll try to answer any questions, and can provide more specific pictures if needed. For local pick-up I can potentially meet anywhere in Santa Barbara county or SLO county given enough heads up. Only trades I might be interested in are 521 parts, the more NOS & rarer the better B)

Attachments
vents01.jpg
vents01.jpg (297.16 KiB) Viewed 3917 times
Last edited by thisismatt on 27 May 2015 21:02, edited 2 times in total.
I'm your huckleberry.
thisismatt
Supporter

Re: Custom 510 Coilover Setup (struts, camber/caster, etc)

Post by thisismatt »

Open to offers
I'm your huckleberry.
thisismatt
Supporter

Post by thisismatt »

bump
I'm your huckleberry.
thisismatt
Supporter

Post by thisismatt »

Will sell wheel spacers and camber plates separately if any interest.
I'm your huckleberry.