1970 Wagon DD, Chunk

View and post your 510 project(s)
vanmansam

Re: 1970 Wagon DD, Chunk

Post by vanmansam »

goichi1 wrote:Just wait until you finish that Nuke school, then once you get your big bonus, if they still do that, you would have plenty of money to throw at that sucker!! Or is that when you re-enlist? Congrats on the start of your navy career, I'm ending mine after almost 22 years!!
"Big Bonus" Lol. Bonuses arent what they used to be for Nukes, and my rate's multiplier for reenlistment isnt the best. Anyways I do not plan on re-enlisting. Still, my sign on bonus sure beats a kick in the pants no matter how small it seems to me; I will get 1/3 of it this August, (~3k plus or minus)

I do have plenty of time to shop for a good body shop.

Anyone have a good source "on bolt" on air filters for 38mm SUs?
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

vanmansam wrote:Anyone have a good source "on bolt" on air filters for 38mm SUs?
Standard use-once paper filters, or K&N?

K&N: http://aptfast.com/ListItems.aspx?RootC ... %20Filters&

You'll pick from the HS4 filters.

Paper filters, WIX (aka Napa) P/N 44125. Might be an old P/N, but they should be able to find filters for an MGB.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

A note on the Apt fast K&N filters, supposedly theirs are from England and are stainless steel, where as the USA K&N's are made from mild steel chromed. I don't know if that is still true.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

That had been the story, but I also don't know if that's still the case. The stateside K&N P/N is 56-1390. $57 vs. $74, I'd figure that accounts for the difference in materials (plus markup, obviously), but the OP could confirm if interested.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
vanmansam

Post by vanmansam »

okayfine wrote:but the OP could confirm if interested.
I will be the guinea pig.
vanmansam

Post by vanmansam »

Bought and sold a toyota pickup since my last post.

Ordered some coco mats. Still need kick panels

Also air filters from Ebay. Ended up avioding K&N for budget reasons.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Coco mats rock!
vanmansam

Post by vanmansam »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eipS9dUq3SU

Heres a super boring ride along video I made. Check it out.