510 racecar SCCA GT3

Post your forsale and wanted ads
Tom w

510 racecar SCCA GT3

Post by Tom w »

Finally got it on the track last summer, now no budget to race. SEE 2018 UPDATES BELOW.

Raceglass fenders, hood, trunklid

L18 (bored L16 block with L18 crank) SOLD
Venolia 12/1 pistons (new) SOLD
Pauter rods 133 mm SOLD
ATI damper (new) SOLD
Fully ported head SOLD
Del West Ti valves SOLD
Electramotive L3 cam, new springs SOLD
Trap door, bat wing, wet sump oil pan SOLD
11 in. by 11 in. air to oil cooler (new), dual HP1 oil filters
45 DCOE Webers, 42 large venturies SOLD .090 Al airbox sturdy enough for use with SIR for GTL if desired (I think, haven't tried a stall test), K&N large filter(new) in cold air behind headlight opening SOLD
dual Carter fuel pumps (new), Holley low pressure regulator (new)
Custom exh. header, stainless merge collector
AFCO double pass Al radiator (new)
7 1/4 race clutch and flywheel
Tilton Super starter SOLD
Nissan Comp. close ratio 5 speed SOLD
Three R160 rear ends: 3.7 open, 3.7 and 3.9 spools (welded)
Front brakes - 4 piston Wilwood (new) calipers, .810 vented rotors (new)
Rear brakes - 2 piston Wilwood (new) calipers (new), .375 solid rotors (new)
Front struts, Carrera inserts (new)
Splined hollow sway bar, Al arms, adjustable
Coleman square steering rack (new), minimal bump steer
Rear suspension - Custom double long double a-arm design - stable roll center, excellent camber curve, slight beneficial bump steer. Alternate holes provided for control arms at chassis to allow faster camber gain if radial slicks are used. Carrera coilover rear shocks (new).
CV joint axles - custom machined adapters Datsun 4 bolt flanges to Lobro (old beetle) CV joints (new). Taylor Race Eng. axle shafts (new).
Eibach springs front and rear (new) - 2 pairs for rear (different rates)
Many hose ends were re-used from the GT4 days, but all new steel braid hose was used for the build
15 gallon Fuel Safe cell (new), never had fuel in it until 2013
East Coast super mini 50 amp one wire alternator (new) SOLD, conventional Walmart wet battery (new May 2014)
Seat belts new 2012, good thru 2014, Al D&M Perf. race seat, window net (new), right side head net (new)
Flame-Out fire system from the GT4 days
New wiring with schematic
4 American Racing Alum. 4 spoke 13 x 7 competition wheels
5 American Racing Alum. 4 spoke 13 x 7 DOT version
4 Hoosier 20.0 x9.5 - 13 bias R45B (on car) run about 110 track miles 7/28/13, lots of miles left
2 Hoosiers, same size, mounted, not yet run
Spares: cyl. head, L16 cranks, L16 Venolia pistons, prepped stock rods, race cam, Weber jets, misc., fiberglass trunk lid, stock 510 suspension, 10 gal fuel cell (old), tubs of misc.

Did SCCA annual tech at May '14 race, but did not race. it is ready to buy and race next weekend in GT3 - could be quickly converted to GTL.

Can email pictures to interested parties. See also pics above.

This car is still available. The Nissan Comp. trans. and motor with peripherals has been SOLD to a 510 vintage racer. The chassis specific custom header stays with the car. Add to the list a 4.11 R160 diff. assy.

Price now for the car with listed items is $ 5,000.00.

Quick route to SCCA GTL competitor, or add motor/trans of your choice for 510 track day car. Too modified for street.

Call Tom Wedel at 281-351-9556 (voice) (please leave message if no answer) or contact incotom@hotmail.com
Last edited by Tom w on 09 Oct 2018 23:22, edited 2 times in total.
upsman24
Supporter

Re: 510 racecar SCCA GT3

Post by upsman24 »

Please post a few teaser pics for all the world to see. Thanks.
HudsonMC

Post by HudsonMC »

Is this the blue and black car that was up on the lifts at MSR, Houston for a while?

Also, yes...pics...
Track Junky
Supporter

Post by Track Junky »

No its a white wide bodied one. He sent me pics a while back from another forum I frequent. Its a tub based car not a tube chassied car if that matters to you guys. Nice race car.

Scott.
Tom w

Post by Tom w »

It's actually a combination tube/tub. Back in the 90's when the rebuild was started, there was a rule giving a 100 lb. weight break to tub cars, so they were trying to exploit that. It looks "tub" under the hood, but has a square tube lower frame and crossmember and a steering rack and pinion. The rear is essentially "tube" to accommodate the double a-arm suspension. The weight break rule is long gone, but I think the more sophisticated rear suspension is still worth the effort.

I didn't have much luck getting pictures on that other site, but will take a crack at this one.
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

We'd all love to see pictures of the rear suspension, sounds like what several of us here have done, or talked about doing.
KiKiIchiBan
Supporter

Post by KiKiIchiBan »

Yes please for pictures. Curious as to what's been done to it too.
My P510 Bluebird SSS Coupe www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?t=26929

https://www.instagram.com/kikiichiban/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBP1x8z2IBvfs-MQH2Gc73Q/featured
Tom w

Post by Tom w »

Tried to post a picture last night. After 10 minutes, my information bar indicated that it was still loading - one picture - so I finally hit CANCEL. As I have mentioned to many people, I am much better with nuts and bolts than with bits and bytes. Maybe Scott, aka Track Junky, above is more adept than I with posting pictures here. How about it "Track Junky"? Could we trouble you to post those pictures mentioned above?

Thanks

Tom
KiKiIchiBan
Supporter

Post by KiKiIchiBan »

I 'Googled' SCCA GT3 510 and this came up for sale in Texas. Is this your one?

White, wide, and parts listed match yours.
My P510 Bluebird SSS Coupe www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?t=26929

https://www.instagram.com/kikiichiban/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBP1x8z2IBvfs-MQH2Gc73Q/featured
Track Junky
Supporter

Post by Track Junky »

Tom, I did not save them. Feel free to resend them via email and I will post them up for you. Sent you a PM.

Scott.
Tom w

Post by Tom w »

Randywanger: yes, by whatever mysterious route, that is one of the snaps that I emailed to several people inquiring from that other site.

Trackjunky: I will email you the pictures again. Don't know why they seem to email ok as attachments, but don't get through to these forums.
RMS
Supporter

Post by RMS »

the easiest way to post picks is to host the pics on a different page then use a link using [img]. it can be a pain to resize pics (can be done in paint) to the size needed to be hosted on the realm

cant wait for pics. glws
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
Track Junky
Supporter

Post by Track Junky »

ImageImageImageImage[url=http://s34.photobucket.com/user/spultor ... .jpeg.html]ImageImageImage

he sent really small pics, when I tried to resize them they got all pixelated. Whatever!

Scott.
Tom w

Post by Tom w »

Thanks Scott for posting the pics.

Hard to see much detail on the suspension. For those interested, the rear suspension uprights/hubs are '90's Nissan fwd parts, I think '92 Pulsar. Stock lower ball joint which bolts to arm with 3 bolts, two triangular plates sandwiching the top of the upright where the shock used to bolt on, and a 3/4 rod end with the hole horizontal also sandwiched between those plates screws into the upper arm. The bolt through the rod end also mounts the bottom of the coilover shock. A tie rod to the steering arm controls toe. Tubing for the arms came from Colemanracing.com. It comes with the proper I.D. to tap for 5/8 or 3/4 rod ends. Have at it ! Build yourself some suspension!

Also noticeable in the under hood shot is the motor setback. By SCCA GT rules, the motor may be located with the #1 spark plug in line with the front spindles, which is about 8 inches back from stock. Makes the car less nose heavy and significantly improves cornering.
Tom w

Post by Tom w »

Price reduced 7-20-14. Now $12,000.00. Oh, all right James, we'll take $11,999.98 if that will help.

This is clean, fresh, and needs a home.