Supporter

wtb t3 turbo for sr20

Post by wagoon831 »

Want to buy T3 turbo for my s13 Sr20det
Pm me or email me
Unlimitedpower

Re: wtb t3 turbo for sr20

Post by Unlimitedpower »

I know your over seas. But depending on your budget try come up with a rooted RB20 turbo.
Send it over to Steve Murch in NZ for $1000nz you'll have the best turbo you can get or a SR.
Check him out on Facebook. He can prob comeup with a RB turbo here for you to save shipping one over.
Trust this guy really knows his shit compared to anyone in any country. He right up there.
RonM
Supporter

Post by RonM »

You'd do better in finding the right turbo being more specify with what size and trim you're looking for. If you're not sure than provide info such as: is the motor stock, If not what internal mods to displacement, valves, cams, and what kind of power you're hoping to make. T3 relates only to the size of the exhaust turbine inlet, but the actual size and trim of the intake and exhaust turbines range all over the place. The differences in size and trim dictates the amount of boost and where that boost comes on relative to the displacement of the motor and how it breaths.
Sometimes people loose touch with subjectivity, because they've got they're heads stuck too far up they're own,,, Reality.
Unlimitedpower

Post by Unlimitedpower »

That's exactly why I said contact Steve. He will sort you out.
He will provide dyno sheets of other cars his turbos have been fitted to.
And work through what you need.
RonM
Supporter

Post by RonM »

Sorry Ultimatepower, I didn't know that was supposed to be the end of the conversation.

I'm Not questioning Steve's abilities, nor am I trying to undermine your endorsement of his services. I'm simply passing on information that might help the guy get a turbo that will meet his needs. If we don't know what his plans are for this SR how can we say with any certainty the RB20 is "the best turbo he can get"? Hell we don't even know why he's going with a t3 flange at this point.

The stock RB20DET turbocharger has a ceramic exhaust turbine so it spools up a bit quicker than one with an alloy wheel, but ceramic is much less robust. Although it has some advantages, ultimately it's still just a tiny T25 built into T3 framed body, and the ceramic wheel will not handle as much boost or heat as the stock S13 SR turbo. If Mr. Goon is looking for a quick spooling 250HP setup then the RB20 would be a great choice and I'm sure Steve would say the same. That being said if he's going with the T3 to make more HP than his stock setup, it's in his best interests to see what else might better suit his needs.
Sometimes people loose touch with subjectivity, because they've got they're heads stuck too far up they're own,,, Reality.
wagoon831
Supporter

Post by wagoon831 »

Found one thanks for the info
RonM
Supporter

Post by RonM »

Good to go.
thumper

Post by thumper »

I have a brand new t3/t4 turbonetics one I was going to use on my sr if you did not get one yet....
Unlimitedpower

Post by Unlimitedpower »

Hey no problem.
The cleaver thing that Steve does with the rb series turbos is he only uses the housings.
Bind the rest so if you have a totally shagged rb turbo that's perfect.
He then machines the housings to suit his special custom design built by holset wheels and core.
(Not avalible anywhere else except though him?
All bolts back up again just like before but totally different animal.
I've seen him say somewhere he garrenttees it to out flow any turbo avalible of similar size.
And also happy to say you can run 40psi of boost through it as well no problems.

I only mentioned him cos he does do some amazing work and its good to give a fellow kiwi a hand to sell some products.
Really worth a look if your thinking of buying any sort of t3 turbo for your car.