240sx gas tank in a 510?

Problems, ideas and comments specific to engine swaps.
Paisss510

Re: 240sx gas tank in a 510?

Post by Paisss510 »

Im over it. I dont care if they take it. Ill just build another that is faster so i can get away. Done haha
finn
Supporter

Post by finn »

so an engine swap isn't considered custom?....

How to Register
When you're ready to put your custom car on the road, make an appointment at your local DMV office. You'll need:

A completed Application for Title or Registration.A filled-out Statement of Construction.Proof-of-ownership documents, like receipts and bills of sale. A motor vehicle bond will be required if proof of ownership cannot be obtained for parts valued at $5,000 or more.A vehicle verification done by the California Highway Patrol. Make your DMV registration appointment before scheduling the CHP vehicle verification.Official brake and light adjustment certificate, unless your custom vehicle is an off-highway vehicle or a trailer weighing less than 3,000 pounds gross vehicle weight.A smog check certificate completed by a Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) Referee Station. Since custom-built cars do not have a year-of-origin designated by a manufacturer, they must be inspected by a BAR Referee Station instead of a regular smog check facility (call (800) 622-7733 for an appointment)Any and all titling, sales tax, and registration fees due.

this discussion can't go any further. please post some pics of the car or just move on
'69 2dr KA24DET
okayfine wrote:You could turn the car into a Transformer. Just a matter of money and talent. Front-hinge hood would be easier, but you still need money. And talent.
dislexicdime

Post by dislexicdime »

i will just put this here
http://community.ratsun.net/topic/13775 ... in-my-car/ and this is a ka

there have also been a few sr guys that had the same thing happen

as far as the tank go's mod the stock one buy gochis or get a fuel cell ether way you will need 2 new fuel lines and have to run a harness for the pump
L series only have one header!

i need another garage mine is full of part's
Paisss510

Post by Paisss510 »

Yes, i will do that, but with the 240 tank. Im taking pictures soon.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Paisss510 wrote:http://www.bar.ca.gov/80_BARResources/0 ... p_Req.html

see the part that says UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
No kidding. If you're posting here, why aren't you bothering to read the replies. I said the same thing, twice.

Dream on, keep dreaming until your dreams come true.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

finn wrote:so an engine swap isn't considered custom?....
Nope, that's for specially constructed vehicles, aka kit cars. That's how guys building Factory Five stuff get it registered.

And in any case, it still requires a smog check, which a RWD SR will not pass in CA. I bet you could get the KA24DET to pass and get it certified if you were so inclined.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
///FiveOneOh

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

Must.... refrain.... :roll:
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs