For Sale 1971 Datsun 510 Wagon - $4,000 SOLD

Post your forsale and wanted ads
esimpson

For Sale 1971 Datsun 510 Wagon - $4,000 SOLD

Post by esimpson »

For sale is my 71 Datsun 510 wagon. I don't want to sell the car, I don't need the money and am only selling for personal sentimental reasons so don't waste my and your time with low offers. I really love this car and it's very difficult for me to sell but like all good things in life they pass and you eventually have to move on.

I've included many pictures in the link below so you can see all the faults. If you come see the car you will realize that it is much better overall than all the problems shown here, however I didn't want to waste your time either so I've included as many visual problems as I could. There are many little details I've fixed or upgraded that I'll point out in person but most people want to know what's wrong with it so the pictures show that. There is one spot of rust on the rear drivers side in front of the back wheel. The brake lights quit working but the running lights still work so its either a wire or the switch. I have a new switch but have not installed it. I also have many other spare parts including an almost mint, with a hairline crack, dashpad that will be included in the sale. You will get all things Datsun I own with the purchase of this car. The car runs really well!

The current setup has about 4,500 miles on it. 4,500 miles ago I put in a rebuilt 280zx 5-speed tranny, new clutch, new clutch slave, low miles L16 (I was told this by the person I bought it from but can't verify), rebuilt SUs by Z-Therapy, flushed, fixed and sealed radiator, new alternator, new water pump etc. etc. etc. There are many new parts but those are what everyone seems to ask about. The brakes and suspension have not been upgraded to Z car specs and are original to 510s. Yes, the paint on the front drivers side fender is newer than the rest of the car. A few years back a guy hit that fender and it was replaced and repainted.

I've had the car for at least 5 years and have done a ridiculous amount of work on it to get it this far. It was my ex's daily driver on an hour commute every day in SoCal for a few years and I've driven it everywhere. If you are interested in seeing the car or discussing it more please give me a call or come by. I'd rather talk to you on the phone then go back and forth via email. I live in Long Beach and my phone number is below.

I'm asking $4,000 strictly based on what I see these listed for in SoCal right now. I will take the best offer if my price is too high. As I said before I don't want to sell the car and don't need the money, but am doing it for personal reasons, so please don't waste my time or yours.

Thanks for your interest.

Additional pictures of the car are here. They are all current, the exterior images were taken yesterday, 1/15/2013, and interior a couple weeks before when I was going to list it.

http://esimpsonphoto.com/1971-datsun-510-wagon/

Thanks!
Eric Simpson

Last edited by esimpson on 16 Jan 2013 12:22, edited 2 times in total.
goichi1
Supporter

Re: For Sale 1971 Datsun 510 Wagon - $4,000 obo

Post by goichi1 »

Dude, that's a nice lookin' wagon, you shouldn't have much problem selling that. What happened to that steering wheel?? ....leave you dog in there?? :lol: Good luck with the sale!
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

Nice wagon,I think it will sell quickly,wagons are starting to become more popular these days.
iceD

Post by iceD »

That is a really nice photo presentation, and a nice car.

ice D
esimpson

Post by esimpson »

goichi1 wrote:What happened to that steering wheel?? ....leave you dog in there??
Haha! No, bought an RV, took a 5 week road trip and while it sat in my driveway the sun destroyed it. The thing was already old and a little cracked but 5 weeks in the sun and it disintegrated.

I've had a bunch of good responses on it already. May be gone by tomorrow.
ALVEEN

Post by ALVEEN »

$4000 is hell cheap for that wagon.stay firm on price.i wont sell that baby for less than $6000.wagons are in fashion now remember.
esimpson

Post by esimpson »

ALVEEN wrote:$4000 is hell cheap for that wagon.stay firm on price.i wont sell that baby for less than $6000.wagons are in fashion now remember.
It's sold. I realized late last night that the price was low when I started getting lots of offers. I thought about selling it early in 2012 when they were only going for $2,500 - $3,000 in SoCal and couldn't do it for that price. I had some offers higher than what I was asking but the guy and his wife I sold it to reminded me of myself and ex when we bought it. They are going to take care of it, leave the l16 in and try to make it better than it is which is exactly what I was looking for. They'll drive it as a daily driver as well.

As much as a thousand or two more would have been nice I feel good knowing that it won't be chopped up and I'll most likely see it driving around. Hardest car I've ever decided to sell. I'll either buy another in the future, a Celica ra21 or switch back to the euro side and pick up an Alfa GTV.

Thanks to all of you who helped me with it and gave advice over the years!

eric
Camano510
Supporter

Re: For Sale 1971 Datsun 510 Wagon - $4,000 SOLD

Post by Camano510 »

Nice! Get them into the hands of those who will appreciate, use and maintain them.

I'm glad I didn't show my son this car. He'd have been asking when I was booking my flight.
Darryl Cavanaugh
"There is no such thing as free school. Every lesson learned cost me some form of 'tuition'. Time, money, or pain. Sometimes all three".
71 510 2dr father/son project
James

Re: For Sale 1971 Datsun 510 Wagon - $4,000 SOLD

Post by James »

I was working on my wife to let me pull the trigger on this car - my favorite color - great condition for what I would have wanted.....but the timing was not right.
Good sale - win all the way around.
Finished is better than perfect......