510 as semi-daily car

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
meir

510 as semi-daily car

Post by meir »

Hello I am thinking about buying 510. I would like to get you opinion, but before it, let me layout what I want:

- Reliable car that will take me to places and not only on occasion.
- Fun to drive and may be take it to the track once in a while
- Simple so that I can take my sweet time and work on it without much electronics and such.
- Unique ( I think 510 is )

Essentially I want a a boxy car that is nice, reliable, unique and fun to drive. I believe that 510 is the car, but I don't know much about it.

Please tell me if it is:
- Reliable?
- Fun?
- Costly to maintain?
- Costly to mod?
- Availability of parts and mods?

Thank you.
Drkops187

Re: 510 as semi-daily car

Post by Drkops187 »

They are pretty reliable if they are taken care of plus they are really easy to work on in my opinion. As far as the cost to mod it depends on what you want to do and how much you know how to do yourself. If your interested in a 510 I'm selling one here is the link http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19608
510-Trevor
Supporter

Post by 510-Trevor »

I think we only need this post answered once: viewtopic.php?t=19377
Can a mod please close this one?
1972 Yellow 4dr
RonM
Supporter

Post by RonM »

meir wrote:Essentially I want a a boxy car
Damn that rubs me the wrong way all over again. If you're decision is based on this list of "pragmatic" criteria I can think of 20 other cars that would suite your needs better than a 510. It's simple, if you're not drawn to own this specific car, based on your criteria, you'd do better to keep looking. Drkop187 gave you the same answer you got from three other people last week, so if you really want to buy a 510 buy his. It's a great car.
Sometimes people loose touch with subjectivity, because they've got they're heads stuck too far up they're own,,, Reality.