Brad's '69 project

Only the most active and interesting projects from our members. Projects must be approved to be in this forum
S15DET
Supporter

Re: Brad's '69 project

Post by S15DET »

Mark at http://www.mscoatingsonline.com/ did my turbo components last week and they turned out great! The gold/tan coating is the newly released technology that the Men in Black stole from the aliens in the 50’s, now available to the public! Technical specifications aside, it’s darn cool looking, and should improve area-under-the-curve torque by around 150% (+/-) !!! Any East-Coasters who need ceramic coating or powder coating should give him a call because does a great job, and the NIC ceramic product is top shelf!

I hope to have installed pictures in about a week.
Attachments
coating7.JPG
coating7.JPG (218.27 KiB) Viewed 5046 times
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

Did you say the ceramic coating was going to increase torque 150%?

I am sure i am missing the technical side of this...please explain "under the curve"

Is that total "power" produced?

They look excellent
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

That part was just a joke.
James

Post by James »

Liken it to the yellow plug wires I have that produce an extra 10 hp because they're yellow.
Finished is better than perfect......
spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

That looks good Brad! Will the coating reduce under-hood temps any? Did you end up going with a new turbo? And did you ever figure out what was going on with that #2 cylinder? I'm gonna be down your way tomorrow, unfortunately it's for a nice day long stay at Carolina Medical Center!
spoolinitup33

Re: Brad's '69 project ???????????????????????

Post by spoolinitup33 »

That looks good Brad! Will the coating reduce under-hood temps any? Did you end up going with a new turbo? And did you ever figure out what was going on with that #2 cylinder? I'm gonna be down your way tomorrow, unfortunately it's for a nice day long stay at Carolina Medical Center!
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

Don't know how that happened!! weird!!!!
Last edited by goichi1 on 14 Aug 2011 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
Track Junky
Supporter

Post by Track Junky »

Wrong thread dude! lol!!!
spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

Huh???
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

Looks like I now have a small leak at the front main seal.
spoolinitup33

Post by spoolinitup33 »

Track Junky wrote:Wrong thread dude! lol!!!
Not sure who that was directed to, but if it was me, look back a page, he says the compression on cylinder #2 was like 135. I'm guessing it magically fixed itself since I've asked twice and gotten no response. Front main seal should be an easy fix!
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

No no....I posted to the wrong thread, I deleted the post and pic, but couldn't delete all the post.....that's all....
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

Well that was all strange, so, back on topic...

Haven't had time to fix the front main seal, so it's resting at home. I'll need to check the compression again to determine if it's something that needs attention. My 15-year-old nephew was with me last week, along with his '96 Z32 300ZX, so we tinkered on it a little every night. A new car-guy in the making! Hopefully I'll get back to my car this week, after I clear out the garage of all the yard sale leftovers.
Biggspeed
Supporter

Post by Biggspeed »

Just finished reading the entire thread. Seriously nice ride. How is the paint issue being handled? I hope you get service like you did from the DSS.

PS. I'm really glad to see you actually drive it, kudos to you!

Biggsy.
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

This past Saturday I drove the car 590 miles on an all-day mountain drive with some friends. We had perfect weather and there were no issues with the car. It's a real thrill to drive in the tight twisties, and I've clocked over 30k miles. My oldest son went along for the trip. I'll include a picture once I get them off the camera. I may even have some video, as a friend with a GoPro on the roof followed me through Deals Gap, so there should be some action footage of my car in it's natural habitat!!

Here's a shot from the weekend before last, when I drove the whole family for a mountain drive (much slower pace), but the thee kids are obviously enjoying the G's. I posted these on the "what did you do today" thread but I want them on this thread as well, hope it's OK.