Hello From Virginia!

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
Btothefnrock

Hello From Virginia!

Post by Btothefnrock »

Just joined up- I dont actually own a 510 yet, but I am looking for a wagon currently.

I wanted to get on here and learn as much as I can before I start this project!

Currently, I own a 2002 WRX, which I just completed the full motor build and interior swap, and I'm actually about to sell. (yay $$$)

I also have 2 FB RX7's, one is a Pacific Widebody car with a Corvette LT1 I am currently finishing, after my previous car was hit in traffic. Here is a picture of the previous car.

Anyways, like I said, I really want to build a clean Wagon (or maybe a 4door) to use as a daily driver. Thanks for any help along the way!

Brock
two_68_510s
Supporter

Re: Hello From Virginia!

Post by two_68_510s »

Welcome, check out the links on this page:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13651

Joel
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
Btothefnrock

Post by Btothefnrock »

Thanks for the link! I look forwards to beginning this project! Seems like there is a lot of good info on this forum, anywhere else I should look?
Btothefnrock

Post by Btothefnrock »

Also, I understand that parts are fairly difficult to source for some stuff, but how about a 5-speed pedal box? If I was to get an automatic, which parts will be hardest to source to swap the chassis to a 5 speed? Do other datsun (old Z cars maybe) pedal boxes swap?
510-Trevor
Supporter

Post by 510-Trevor »

Welcome to the realm Brock,

The only 'bolt-in' pedal box is the 510 box. This will probably be the hardest part of the swap to find. Now, depending on your fabrication skills, other Datsun boxes could be made to fit, or you could go with an aftermarket pedal set-up like tilton's.

There are some good tech articles on the DimeQuarterly website. Ratsun.net is another good source of information.

If you put your location in your profile, it may help in finding a local car and parts when that time comes.
1972 Yellow 4dr
Btothefnrock

Post by Btothefnrock »

Thanks.

Like I said, I haven't found the right car yet, so hopefully it will already be a 5 speed- And if not, I could make something work I'm sure.

What kind of $$$ would I expect to pay for a pedal box? I'm coming from the FB RX7 World where you can purchase an entire car (non running, but all there) for around $400.... Big difference!!!!