72 socal ka 2 door.

View and post your 510 project(s)
chongmang

72 socal ka 2 door.

Post by chongmang »

I cant keep randomly posting questions in here while I could just be doing in in a build thread. I bought This 2door about a year ago in Arizona. It had a 5 speed l18 in it. 280z rims, other then that pretty basic all around but a good start. Since then it had been rear ended in hollywood by some drunk lady, then 2 weeks later my head gasket goes. So in the last 4 months i have gotten some good work done to it. Some done myself, most of it done by Troy Ermish in Fremont. I now have the ermish wilwood brake kit and coilovers, ka24de out of a 96 240sx, roll bar, and some bolt ons. Im working out the bugs with the engine and the fine tuning.. this is where all my questions will come.

When i bought the car

2 days before getting hit.

getting hit.

what it looks like now.

Soon the questions and concerns will be coming. Thanks guys!
GT Motion

Re: 72 socal ka 2 door.

Post by GT Motion »

I have a single cam ka in my car, my car is a '72, and I just ordered the Ermish coilovers last week. Were gonna be twins :)
chongmang

Post by chongmang »

GT Motion wrote:I have a single cam ka in my car, my car is a '72, and I just ordered the Ermish coilovers last week. Were gonna be twins :)
woo for twins! his coilover kit is great, i love how the car rides now.
Datsunkid-510-

Post by Datsunkid-510- »

I wish you hadnt primered it im i love the first pic, the green coming through. But the primer job look quality. Looks good i look forward to more pics.
Good Sellers: Abe Froman, Troy Ermish, Engineered Datsun Products,

Bad Sellers: Fazzt73, Too Intense Restoration.

Good Buyers:ThisIsMatt

Bad Buyers:
chongmang

Post by chongmang »

hah yeah it looked pretty good as a beater but im going to be painting it anyways so i primered it to have it solid until then. taking it all back down next week and re-primering then paint.
chongmang

Post by chongmang »

Spend the day pulling out the trunk where i got rear ended, went well and got it almost finished. Will be all done tomorrow by the looks of it.
You cant tell much in pictures but it got pushed in about three inches or so. One thing I cant get is what the body line looks like riight under the license plate. if it matches the rest of the curve the whole way across the trunk or changes where the license is?

chongmang

Post by chongmang »

does anyone have a picture of a real straight back panel? Im searching and not finding a good detailed picture big enough to see. thanks
chongmang

Post by chongmang »

my hard line going into my clutch master is leaking, seems like it cant get a good seal. is there any tape or anything that can be used that wont get eaten away by brake fluid? was hoping to wrap the male end in teflon or something.
thisismatt
Supporter

Post by thisismatt »

chongmang wrote:my hard line going into my clutch master is leaking, seems like it cant get a good seal. is there any tape or anything that can be used that wont get eaten away by brake fluid? was hoping to wrap the male end in teflon or something.
Brake & clutch fittings are not a self sealing pipe thread, but rely on the flared tube to seal against the seat in the master cylinder/slave cylinder, brake caliper, etc. So, either the hard line flare is damaged, the seat in the MC, or both.
I'm your huckleberry.
Datsunkid-510-

Post by Datsunkid-510- »

Ill try and get a pic of my car tomorrow if you still need the rear pic.
Good Sellers: Abe Froman, Troy Ermish, Engineered Datsun Products,

Bad Sellers: Fazzt73, Too Intense Restoration.

Good Buyers:ThisIsMatt

Bad Buyers:
chongmang

Post by chongmang »

Datsunkid-510- wrote:Ill try and get a pic of my car tomorrow if you still need the rear pic.
i could use a picture still the line across the bottom just about the bumper just doesnt look right to me. thanks!
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I just took this picture last weekend, but being that this new OEM panel is in black, and this is a strait on shot - it may not do you much good. But here it is just in case from both sides.

Byron
Attachments
DSC02162 (Small).JPG
DSC02162 (Small).JPG (38.16 KiB) Viewed 5020 times
DSC02163 (Small).JPG
DSC02163 (Small).JPG (39.73 KiB) Viewed 5020 times
DSC02165 (Small).JPG
DSC02165 (Small).JPG (37.06 KiB) Viewed 5020 times
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
chongmang

Post by chongmang »

hah what i would do for those two pieces. the picture does help i thinkkk i know how that body line needs to be worked now. thanks!