First timer - tranny pull

Engine, Transmission and related drivetrain.
okayfine
Supporter

Re: First timer - tranny pull

Post by okayfine »

DQ 7.1 has the dogleg rebuild.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
goatee
Supporter

Post by goatee »

Cool thanks I may order that as well. I need to just order the back issues. I've said that how many times now? lol At least I subscribed finally.

You guys mentioned replacing the seals. I'm going to call the parts place here too but in looking at rockauto they have a few. I'm assuming I need input shaft seal and output shaft seal correct? They list a couple more and they also have a listing for just "seal". :)
Is my dime pretty rough? yep Could it use an owner with a little more mechanical expertise? yeah probably. Does it look like every other beige sedan in the parking lot? No sir it doesnt.
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

200sx dogleg rear seal ...... Nissan #32136 U0100 about $9 at dealer. This seal is also used in the 620/280z/zx, 810/Maxima 5speeds 610/710/A10 4 speeds and many more. Very common.

200sx dogleg front seal on cover plate..... Nissan #32113 N2101 .... $5
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
goatee
Supporter

Post by goatee »

Got my transmission friday. Didn't even get to open the box yet as I had to leave to help the inlaws remodel. Still waiting on one seal to arrive. Closest seals were two hours away so I went ahead with rock auto. Total cost shipping each seal from two different places (doh) was 25.00. Not too bad I suppose for mid america. :)
I'll snap a couple shots so you guys can give me your last thoughts before I try to shove it on there.
Is my dime pretty rough? yep Could it use an owner with a little more mechanical expertise? yeah probably. Does it look like every other beige sedan in the parking lot? No sir it doesnt.
goatee
Supporter

Post by goatee »

This is a picture of Halfway NOT stuck at home. Got the tranny in, it sounds fine. Mounting the cross member SUCKED. The rest went smooth as could be. Thanks for all your help everyone!!!!!!

okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

:D
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
James

Post by James »

I like to hear when you get stuff done on your car - good stuff - :D
Finished is better than perfect......
goatee
Supporter

Post by goatee »

haha thanks james! You've definitely been one of the most helpful and encouraging from the day I first broke my cam shaft and I appreciate it a lot!
:D
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

excellent to see it on the road!
goatee wrote:Anyhow I'm looking at 200 shipped to my door ready to slap in with 30 day guarantee.
any more of them???
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.
goatee
Supporter

Post by goatee »

Nope there wasn't. i think I lucked out with this one. The couple others I had found were more like 300-500.