HELP OUT A FELLOW DATSUN RACER

General Discussion about the 510 Club of BC
Lorne

HELP OUT A FELLOW DATSUN RACER

Post by Lorne »

Are any of you interested in road racing at River's Edge race track in Mission in 2010? I have a Datsun 1200 that some of you may remember - it was first built way back in 1975 and raced at Westwood, Seattle, Portland and Shannonville in the old CASC Canadian National runoffs. The car currently fits into GT Lite and runs A series pushrod motors.

I've had the car for a few years now and made some upgrades. Finally got the thing out this year for two race weekends and had some fun. Unfortunately for me, I have no crew at the track. To make matters worse, the Honda guys (just about everybody) are giving me the gears telling me to get rid of my car and to quit trying to race an antique. I think they're all full of s__t! I'd like to beat them at their own game but need some help.

So, if anyone would like to help out on race days I would really appreciate hearing from you. You can email me at
Lorne "underscore" Stead "at" telus "dot" net or reply to this site. My work phone number is 604 204 2323 from 6 am to 3 pm. This would be a volunteer deal, I can cover pit expenses, meals and some beers after.

Anybody??

Lorne. :D 8)
dcuplover

Re: HELP OUT A FELLOW DATSUN RACER

Post by dcuplover »

did you find anyone? I could possibly help out. What dates are you racing?
///FiveOneOh

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

when are the track days?
bigjim5551212

Post by bigjim5551212 »

August 7-8 CACC #5 - Children's Charities Grand Prix Weekend
October 9 - 10 CACC #6, WSC #5, Fall Finale Weekend

Lorne is a great guy
"He forgot more than what i know about a Datsun"
dcuplover

Post by dcuplover »

if you need help on the Oct 9th race I can do it. I am not sure what help I will be but I have raced before so have some idea of what to do. Alp