what brand clutch do you guys use?

Engine, Transmission and related drivetrain.
510nustad

Re: what brand clutch do you guys use?

Post by 510nustad »

im having trouble locating a throw out bearing "collar" for the 200mm flywheel?
are those collars pressed in on the T/O bearing?
any ideas where to get that collar?

for info i will be using the roadster clutch kit
banzai510(hainz)

Post by banzai510(hainz) »

where you live? maybe somebody has a stack of them.

I got a T/O bearing with the collor from Napa . That was years ago and still have it but I just put a new T/O bearing on the old collar now.

On a bench vice;
to remove get a socket that fits inside the T/O bearing and puch the collar off.
then get the new T/O bearing and sqeeze it back on with the vice.
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

510nustad wrote:any ideas where to get that collar?
reddat on ebay, over priced...

rockauto
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.
510nustad

Post by 510nustad »

thanks banzai, kinda crazy trying to figure anything when parts have been all interchanged.

but anyways sorry for asking so many questions but do i get the collar for what application:

the size of the flywheel, or which transmission, or ???

here are the specs again

71 510 L20B 5 Speed not a dogleg.
200mm flywheel with possible roadster clutch kit.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

510nustad wrote:im having trouble locating a throw out bearing "collar" for the 200mm flywheel?
Again I say you need to slow down and figure out what you have and don't have, 'cause this 20-Questions stuff gets old. You've got to do some of the work too, ya know?

So, firstly - ARE you having trouble locating a T/O bearing collar for the 200mm flywheel? You ended your sentence with a question mark? I directed you to the link explaining all about it, including a handy-dandy little T/O bearing collar diagram listing lengths and, gasp, part numbers. That handy-dandy diagram, mind, that was posted by defdes in this very thread one entire page previous.
510nustad wrote:are those collars pressed in on the T/O bearing?
Bearing's pressed on to the collar, but tomato/tomatoe?
510nustad wrote:any ideas where to get that collar?
Rockauto? Nissan? Kragen? Since you haven't bothered to fill in your location, we've no idea where you are and since we don't know we can't exactly point you to the nearest place? U.S., perhaps? Canadia?
510nustad wrote:for info i will be using the roadster clutch kit
From where? Most distributors these days just bundle the standard 510/1600 PP in "Roadster" kits these days? For your engine and driving style you won't need the extra clamping force?
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Everything needs to match the PP used. Disc, bearing, collar. You didn't read the link I gave you, did you?
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
510nustad

Post by 510nustad »

oh i did read it, gets a bit confusing when like you said that these days everything comes with the "kit" pp, disc, T/O bearing, pilot bushing. if that is the case shouldn't the T/O bearing and collar be pressed in already and that pp and t/o bearing collar already would work together?

regardless how I interpret you as being a smart a#%., thanks for the info.

i live in SF CA
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

510nustad wrote:like you said that these days everything comes with the "kit" pp, disc, T/O bearing, pilot bushing. if that is the case shouldn't the T/O bearing and collar be pressed in already
In your list there, is there any mention of the collar? Collars aren't a wear item and so aren't included with any kit.
510nustad wrote:regardless how I interpret you as being a smart a#%., thanks for the info.
I'm not being a smartass, I'm trying to drill through your 20-Questions drivel to figure out what, exactly, you have and what, exactly, you need. You're making this an awful lot more difficult than it needs to be and I don't know if that's because you don't know what you're talking about or if you just haven't been bothered to do the research on this topic before posting your five threads.

This:
510nustad wrote:just curious to see what kind of clutches you guys use for either a 200mm or 225mm flywheel for L20B??
does not mean the same thing as:
510nustad wrote:i have both a 200mm and 225mm. i will be using the 200mm flywheel
yet you claim it does:
510nustad wrote:i have stated which ones at the beginning of post.
Being clear in your communication to us makes it infinitely easier for us to be clear in our communication to you.
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

carrman

Post by carrman »

Daiken.

Dave