Driveshaft Length

Engine, Transmission and related drivetrain.
kayakdude07

Driveshaft Length

Post by kayakdude07 »

So I need to get my driveshaft shortened for the KA and I wondering how much distance should I allow less than the max. length to be able to get the driveshaft in and for the play from engine/tranny and rear cross member movement...

I'm thinking ~1/2 - 3/4 inch?
Jordan || '72 2 door KA project || '72 2 door goon project- Flintstones powered (dad's)
vgwagon

Re: Driveshaft Length

Post by vgwagon »

For a sedan that sounds good.
Denis Gagné
AKA VGwagon

69 510 VG30e swapped
73 240z VG30et swapped
86 300zx na2t VG30et converted
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Let the driveline shop doing the shortening decide, or at least talk with them about it. If they ask for a output-face-to-diff-flange-face measurement, then you give them one minus .75", then they subtract their own allowance (which they will), you might end up with something that won't work.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
kayakdude07

Post by kayakdude07 »

ok thanks guys.
okayfine wrote:If they ask for a output-face-to-diff-flange-face measurement, then you give them one minus .75", then they subtract their own allowance (which they will), you might end up with something that won't work.
hahaha that would suck
Jordan || '72 2 door KA project || '72 2 door goon project- Flintstones powered (dad's)