The Fog of WOT - SUs on SR20DE with 10:1 air/fuel ratios

Engine, Transmission and related drivetrain.
okayfine
Supporter

Re: The Fog of WOT - SUs on SR20DE with 10:1 air/fuel ratios

Post by okayfine »

dislexicdime wrote:i wonder what would happen to the fog with out your stub stacks on ?
Dunno, but probably not a massive change. I've run the WBO2 without filters or stub stacks and came away with substantially similar air/fuel readings, though now I forget which way was what. Given I still had 10:1 at WOT, I figure there was still the fog.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: The Fog of WOT - SUs on SR20DE with 10:1 air/fuel ratios

Post by bertvorgon »

I was wondering the same thing as Dislexic, that what we are seeing is the subtle pressure drop, as the AIR goes over that lip, before the entry to the carb.

In the one video, as the piston lifts up, you can almost see the fog start, and actually see the slight airflow over the lip. That woulds cause the "fogging" as the water came out of the air. It is so hard to tell if it is moving out from the needle area, or, just starts to happen as the air velocity goes up. Same thing we see some times off the tips of race car wings, and, the tips of aircraft, on humid days.

The motor cycle guys talk alot about this stuff, when I did a quick look on the Net.

Once I knew what my problem was, before I changed the cam back, I would bloody make sure that I was in the right gear, with higher RPM, before I jumped on the throttle. Not maybe your problem, but, I has such a stumble in that critical RPM range, I had to learn how to avoid it.

When I dynoed my car, that was the big problem for the dyno guy ( they would not let me drive) and he would load the engine right at that stupid RPM, fouled the plugs, blah, blah. Finally got a good pull, but, not what it really can do.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer