FS 98 Subaru 2.5 Wagon Open Diff 4.10 Ratio

Post your forsale and wanted ads
nick64merc

FS 98 Subaru 2.5 Wagon Open Diff 4.10 Ratio

Post by nick64merc »

I have a Subaru Diff out of a 2.5 wagon the ratio is a 4.10 ratio. Still has the subaru axels in it. $100. I will post pics up soon.
okayfine
Supporter

Re: FS 98 Subaru 2.5 Wagon Open Diff 4.10 Ratio

Post by okayfine »

Coming up to northern SoCal any time soon?
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
nick64merc

Post by nick64merc »

uum not sure. Are you just interested in the gears or the whole diff. What part of Northern Cali? We might be able to work something out with shipping if you are interested.

Let me know.

Nick
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Just northern SoCal. I live west of LA about 30 miles. I'd be interested in the whole diff as long as it's tight and the right type (lots of newer Sube stuff have the VA-type diff with the slip-in stubs).
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
nick64merc

Post by nick64merc »

I am no expert on these diffs, if you tell me how to identify for what you are looking for I will check it out and see if it is what you want. I believe it has the slip in stub axles. If you give me your zip I will look into the shipping costs.

Nick
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

nick64merc wrote:I am no expert on these diffs, if you tell me how to identify for what you are looking for I will check it out and see if it is what you want. I believe it has the slip in stub axles. If you give me your zip I will look into the shipping costs.

Nick
Slip-in axles (as in the CV stub goes into the diff) aren't swappable with the 510 - these are the VA type diffs. If you have the splined stubs bolted into the diff, this is what can be swapped into the 510.

If the outside is in good condition you'll find a larger foil label on the diff cover. T-types will have the part number and diff ratio. VA-types will have a smaller sticker with VA-xxxxxxxx (where xxxxxxxx is some number). Pictures would be priceless.

Zip for me is 91320.
Thanks
nick64merc

Post by nick64merc »

Okay good to know. If it is the VA type would you just want the the gears out it? Or will those not work either? The diff is at my buddies house so I wont be able to get some pics probably until this weekend.

Thanks
Nick
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

nick64merc wrote:Okay good to know. If it is the VA type would you just want the the gears out it? Or will those not work either? The diff is at my buddies house so I wont be able to get some pics probably until this weekend.

Thanks
Nick
No problem, no rush on my end. If it is the VA I'm not sure that shares anything useful with our R160s. I'm mainly looking for a complete, tight 4.11 to just replace my current diff.
nick64merc

Post by nick64merc »

It is the VA type diff. The stub axles have the plate on the outside and the splines go into the housing and they pop right out. I will sell you the gears if you want them. I am not sure if they will work, but if not anyone who has a Subaru I got a diff from a 98 2.5 wagaon.