Parking brake cable with rear disks

gnar510
Supporter

Parking brake cable with rear disks

Post by gnar510 »

I'm looking for some tips or advice on attaching the P brake cable to a maxima rear disk setup. My calipers are mounted on the bottom of the rotor and the cable itself seems to work length wise. The end of the cable needs some type of mod for it too work, I have some ideas but would like to see if anyone has done it more simply than what I am thinking. Thanks!
S15DET
Supporter

Re: Parking brake cable with rear disks

Post by S15DET »

I used Z32 parking brake cables and the body attachment points that were built into the cables. I used a hand brake lever from an RX-7 mounted to the side of the transmission tunnel, on the drivers side, but I believe just about any could be made to work.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

gnar510 wrote:The end of the cable needs some type of mod for it too work, I have some ideas but would like to see if anyone has done it more simply than what I am thinking. Thanks!
It would help if you describe the actual problem.

If you just have the cable with no ends, the HELP section of your local PepGenZone will have bolt-on cylindrical ends that will engage with the parking brake lever at the caliper. I used those on my Z31 rear caliper setup.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
gnar510
Supporter

Post by gnar510 »

I do have the cables. The stock cable uses a small round clamped on piece, what I need seems to be more of a T shape.

I had figured there would be something available like you mentioned okayfine, but was a bit weary of this working without issues.

Thanks for the tips I will see if I can get something going and post some pics. :D