pls help me identify tail lights

jjoeworks

pls help me identify tail lights

Post by jjoeworks »

hi,
im new here n need assistant.
i own 1968 510. right now i need a rear tail lights for my 510.

which tailights does this belongs to pic attached.
some say its from a euro pec. is it true?

what im looking for is this type of tail lights as attached pic below anyone selling this type n if so do send me PM

thanks guys
okayfine
Supporter

Re: pls help me identify tail lights

Post by okayfine »

Your top picture is the non-US ~'72ish plastic taillights, aka GL spec. They won't fit your '68 panel without major cutting and drilling of new holes. Even then, I'm not sure they'd be all that good lookin' without the center garnish.

Your bottom picture is '69-~'70 world (and -'73 USDM) taillights. These also won't fit your '68 panel without cutting and drilling of new holes. Center garnish shown is a non-US item, will require new holes drilled as well, and depending on where you live/what market 510 you own, you may need to remove the license plate lights if they're not in the bumper.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
merlin
Supporter

Post by merlin »

you need 68 tail lights... only thing that will fit right... where are you? I have a junky spare set i will part with if you're desparate... new clean ones are ultra rare, mine are fair condition at best.
Merlin from Datsunhistory.com

"test mule? I don't need no stinkin' test mule... Bert Vorgon is my test mule"
jjoeworks

Post by jjoeworks »

merlin wrote:you need 68 tail lights... only thing that will fit right... where are you? I have a junky spare set i will part with if you're desparate... new clean ones are ultra rare, mine are fair condition at best.
u got PM