Not mine Wagon+Toyota=

View and post your 510 project(s)
supra510

Re: Not mine Wagon+Toyota=

Post by supra510 »

Thanks for the comments Byron. I miss Shasta, been going to the Motoring J show instead.

Yeah, rear mount as in under the floor, probably all the way in the back. My biggest concern is cooling under heavy load and ducting air there. I could run a Taurus fan which pulls some ridiculous cfm, something like 3500-4000. But the current draw is so high you have to run special relays etc. so I'll probably just run the fan I have for now and see what happens. I know wagons have a huge vacuum at the rear, be nice to utilize that somehow.

With the bumper, radiator, intercooler, and one of the oil coolers off the front end it actually raises a bit, the tire to fender gap is noticably larger. The only thing I'm putting back is an air to air intercooler, piping, and a much lighter airdam so this should help my weight distribution a bit.
Anthony
'71 wagon, 2jz-gte engine, other stuff
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/674663
supra510

Post by supra510 »

Have some time off so I'm trying to get this thing running this week. The biggest hurdle will be the plumbing of the radiator from the rear. I'm about 1/2 done with that, the bracket for the radiator is made.

I installed leaf spring sliders to replace the shackles in the rear. We'll see how much differece it makes, but from what I've read I thought it would be worth is and I got a great deal.

Got tired of working on the rear so went to work on getting the air to air intercooler installed and making a new pipe. A lot of small stuff left up there but these pix give a good idea of things. Turbo inlet pipe will be covered with heat insulation at the least. Tight fit in there. Anyway--pix.
Attachments
Engine compressed 3.JPG
Engine compressed 2.JPG
Engine compressed.JPG
Anthony
supra510

Post by supra510 »

More pix
I fabbed air guides to keep air from going around the intercooler.  Still need to seal it up a bit
I fabbed air guides to keep air from going around the intercooler. Still need to seal it up a bit
The hose you see is not in its final position.  The fuel tank is going between the rear end and the radiator
The hose you see is not in its final position. The fuel tank is going between the rear end and the radiator
The arrow points at the leaf spring slider.  Also shows the radiator from the bottom.  I'll be installing the popular Taurus fan upgrade.  It blows like a hurricane, so I'm going with that first and will provide additional ducting as needed.  It will be installed on the bottom side you see here and pull air thru as it was designed to do.
The arrow points at the leaf spring slider. Also shows the radiator from the bottom. I'll be installing the popular Taurus fan upgrade. It blows like a hurricane, so I'm going with that first and will provide additional ducting as needed. It will be installed on the bottom side you see here and pull air thru as it was designed to do.
Anthony
thisismatt
Supporter

Post by thisismatt »

Are those leafs made to negative arch?
I'm your huckleberry.
supra510

Post by supra510 »

They can, but it's more the angle of the pic. They are not in negative arch despite what it looks like. The sliders are in the same place the shackle was originally and allow the rear of the spring to slide backward and keeping the roll center constant as opposed to a shackle
Anthony