suspension and brakes

shortmorris

suspension and brakes

Post by shortmorris »

So i am new to the 510 realm and i had just seen a 510 the other day and decided that was the car i wanted to do a project on. I have done some research already about the suspension but im still a little lost on the topic. I have seen that most people run 280zx suspension on the 510 but is that a straight bolt on or do you have to do a little mix and matching to get it all together? I want to run tein coilovers on my 510 when i get around to it but i dont want to spend alot of money on some tein that wont work for the 510, so i need to know what ones to get. what all do i need to be getting for the front AND the rear to run full coilovers all around? I also want to run disc brakes all around eaither wilwood or brembo, or another big brake kit.

Also for the rear differential, i want a LSD diff. eaither a r-160, r-180, or r-200 (coming form a subaru i think). which is best for running a sr20det engine with a few mods but nothing crazy? i was thinking upgrading the turbo the intake manifold and maybe new cams mainly. is the r-180 enough for that kind of HP?

One more thing, i just moved to Corvallis Oregon, and i have found little to no street scene. is there anyone in the area that can help me find any shops or any help what so ever? anything at this point would be greatly apprciated.

thank you, Scott
okayfine
Supporter

Re: suspension and brakes

Post by okayfine »

You can't find the thread two threads down that is talking about coilovers?

Moreover, if you have searched here and have not found the information to your satisfaction, what is going to be different about asking again and getting the same replies from the same people?

Why do you want to run "Tein" coilovers?
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
jesusno2

Post by jesusno2 »

Hey scott

Is your car a yellow auto 4 door?? I'm up in dallas not far from ya I have a wagon I'm working on I ran into a bunch of the datsun northwest guys again (been bout 15 years lol ) but I'm sure someone outta the club can help ya out man if ya want feel free to email me anytime lukewalker9@msn.com maybe we can get together some time.
shortmorris

Post by shortmorris »

no i havent bought a 510 yet im looking at a few in my area, but i was just mainly asking some questions so i know what im getting into so i can start making a game plan for when i do get it.