Toilet paper shortage!!

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
Byron510

Re: Toilet paper shortage!!

Post by Byron510 »

A few guys here (roadsters and 510's) went for another drive this past Monday, enjoying the sunshine. Just a simple cruise, this time up the south side of the Fraser from the Golden Ears Bridge to Abbotsford without touching a single major road.
I stayed home all day and worked on a roll cage project that's just about done....
... and the coils arrived Tuesday, but that's another thread.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Morning World!

Another week gone by in our changed World, as we all learn to deal with the "new reality" of social distancing. It is quite weird as you can go to some stores and it is like NOTHING has happened any differently, then others where masks are virtually mandatory and Plexiglass barriers are everywhere. Would not want to be a restaurant owner right now.

I spent a good chunk of last week going through my computer, as my Windows 7 has aged out. It was time to really get all my writing and picture files tidied up and then BACKED up.

What a project that turned out to be. Just pulling files off memory sticks, double checking for duplication, then deleting old files, then making a master file, just took TIME! I have over 200 pieces of writing that needed to be organized and in excess of 10,000 pictures...WOW...how did that happen.

In doing online research I had this picture from 1981 I thought was kind of cool, due to the 2 wagons in it.

Make sure you backup your pictures, if you care at all. I look back at the history of the 510 club and our drives, a good chunk of my pictures show that, really cool to look back at.

Next week looks to be good for weather so I hope to get out in my 510 for a shakedown test drive.
Attachments
la-et-hc-chinese-theater-anniversary-images-20-008.jpg
la-et-hc-chinese-theater-anniversary-images-20-008.jpg (614.14 KiB) Viewed 2006 times
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Morning World!

Turned my TV on this morning....WOW....all I can say is..... my heart goes out to America today, simple as that!
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

God help the US everywhere if the officer is found not guilty. W in the F were you thinking? You can't do anything today that someone is not 'filming' and posting on line around the world. Add to this a long history of police not really being held accountable for their actions. You reap what you sow.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Morning World!

Well, here we are, at least in B.C., 103 days since the "lockdown", where things are starting to open up, yet for the past few weeks it seems like that had already happened. Traffic yesterday was back to NORMAL as I went and visited Cartel out in Langley.

Mike and I talked about the "Cars & Coffee" scene at 192nd and 24th, where it sounds like the chimps have brought the RCMP down on the thing, so it seems it has moved to the old Army & Navy location in Langley. This news article was in my local paper, as was another one talking about the RCMP clamping down on noisy vehicles and motorcycles here in White Rock, mainly on the Marine drive strip. So heads up there..keep off the throttle.

I have been thinking about hitting the Langley one, maybe even this Friday evening as weather maybe looks good. Mike said the last time, even in the rain, there were about 100 cars! Anybody else like to meet up and cruise out? With all the "official" car shows cancelled, these are the only venues for the foreseeable future.

Took a break from the news the past week, and in looking today, I cannot believe the train wreck that our friends to the South are going through, Holy Crap! I have friends (CDN's) that live in North Hollywood, successful business and acting career for years in the movie industry and they are coming back to Canada...NOW....done with the poor education system, politics, etc.. Makes me wonder what all the marching was for in the 60's, that we did even here. I cannot believe the level of hate that still exists there, and while we for sure have our issues here, it is train lengths ahead of that nightmare. I truly wish you all luck down there!
Attachments
news 2_000269 (Large).jpg
news 2_000269 (Large).jpg (330.47 KiB) Viewed 1769 times

Keith Law
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

bertvorgon wrote: 24 Jun 2020 09:36 Morning World!

Took a break from the news the past week, and in looking today, I cannot believe the train wreck that our friends to the South are going through, Holy Crap! I have friends (CDN's) that live in North Hollywood, successful business and acting career for years in the movie industry and they are coming back to Canada...NOW....done with the poor education system, politics, etc.. Makes me wonder what all the marching was for in the 60's, that we did even here. I cannot believe the level of hate that still exists there, and while we for sure have our issues here, it is train lengths ahead of that nightmare. I truly wish you all luck down there!
It's coming apart down there. Yesterday I was discussing events with someone down there and he said that criminals deserve to be killed. To be fair there were those who thought that things were handled badly. No one deserves to die because DUI, uncooperative, or resisting. As for CHOP/CHAZ if you are a criminal d-bag a police free zone is a perfect environment to be in. CHOP... wtf did you expect???

So glad to be Canadian in Canada. So glad. I would donate to put up a wall at the border.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs