Latest price of fuel

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
bertvorgon
Supporter

Latest price of fuel

Post by bertvorgon »

As I live on the Border, I of course pop across to buy gas and support the great land of America in my bid to save some money in my retirement.

Today, on a lark, I cruised through the White Rock Chevron, where I saw the Chevron 94 is 1.87/litre, that translates to $8.49 Imperial gallon!

To fill up our 510's, which is about 44 litres to a tank, will cost about $82. a tank full.

With regular at 1.64 in White Rock, my last fill up in the U.S. translated to 1.17/litre with exchange rate figured in, I saved 30.00 a tank full in my Honda Odyssey.

To think in 1969, when we filled up the Road Runner, gas was .07 cents a litre, or .35 cents an imperial gallon...and that was for 98 Octane fuel.

When I see the commuters on the morning news, coming in from the Valley and South Surrey/White Rock, my heart goes out to them and the ever increasing cost to live on the Lower Mainland. My cost to go back and forth to Richmond, the last year of work, with gas in the 1.45 average say, was 2,500.00..that was a lot of money. Until I did retire, I would never had thought I would save myself 3,200 by NOT going to work, age, distance and maintenance all factored in.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
RMS
Supporter

Re: Latest price of fuel

Post by RMS »

with these high gas prices I insured the stock wagon with a 5spd and im hopeful I can start selling off L16s for big bucks.

being an optimist I can only hope high gas prices means no slowdowns on our drives due to motor homes and buses
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
butters68
Supporter

Post by butters68 »

gas in abby was 135.9 for reg, think 94 was under 160.
ding ding dong dong all night long long.
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

I live 1 mile from work. The price doesn't bother me :)
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

Here in New Hampshire I spent $2.39 a gallon the nerve of Sunoco 8>) 94 Octane Sunoco is $2.89 at our local little town general store.
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Interesting, in our U.S. border town of Blaine, I paid 3.39 for a U.S. gallon, 87 octane.

Re Robyn's comment:

Over the last few summers, at least during the week, we have noticed a decrease in the CANADA DREAM rental campers and other large motor coaches. We had a spike some years ago with European tourists coming and renting these units and campsites. Lord knows I helped many a German tourist get a campfire going. The cost of both fuel here and the tightening up of campsite rentals sure did make a change, at least what I see at Manning Park during the week.

I wish we could all do a drive during the week as the hiways sure tend to be lighter overall.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

bertvorgon wrote: 10 Apr 2019 08:47 I wish we could all do a drive during the week as the hiways sure tend to be lighter overall.
We can - and it's the same reason why track days have moved to week days - plain cheaper!

Now it'll just cost you a day of work, plus fuel and wear and tear.... but I absolutely agree that it is worth it. Especially if Bert is waking us up at 3am to avoid the traffic! :D 8)

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
JasonLee
Supporter

Post by JasonLee »

Count me in for a week day drive! It makes a huge difference.
Jason
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

icehouse wrote: 09 Apr 2019 17:43 I live 1 mile from work. The price doesn't bother me :)

I bike to work but insure and drive a few months in the summer. Mostly the Canby oddesy and I rarely look at the prices because... holidays! May not go south this year but instead road trip to Ontario. Getting on in years and still have work income so this may be my last chance to do this. Should be able to get there on under 90 gallons. Maybe the price will have dropped but the fall.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
butters68
Supporter

Post by butters68 »

i could take a day off for a weekday drive, and i'm up at 2:30 am everyday . and with only a few cars on the road at 3:30 am 4 am. 350z gets a bit loud .
ding ding dong dong all night long long.
KiKiIchiBan
Supporter

Post by KiKiIchiBan »

I feel your paint. We're taxed so much over here. 138.1p BGP per litre for 99octane. About 1.82 CAD. lower 95octane is about 1.20p
My P510 Bluebird SSS Coupe www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?t=26929

https://www.instagram.com/kikiichiban/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBP1x8z2IBvfs-MQH2Gc73Q/featured
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Our regular hit 1.70 / litre today. Our taxes in the fuel are about 0.53 to 0.54 cents a litre.

This will put our 94 octane at close to 2.00/litre.

I think my Avgas 100LL is at 1.75 right now. Going to fill my tank farm soon!

Glad my 510 gets about 23 to 24 MPG if we do not hammer too hard.

Keith Law
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

Gee Keith, with the 100LL being 1.75 you are paying less than me for fuel......I wonder if Andy still has those 14:1 pistons....it would run on 100 wouldn't it?
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Morning World!

Wow, went to fuel up my Honda today and looked the price for Chevron 94.....sorry for my crap phone picture..

$2.08 / litre basically...so...$9.45 /imp gallon, so to fill up my 510, which takes 44 litres ( fuel tank sump included) would be 91.52 a tank full, plus my octane booster would be virtually about 111.00.

No idea what Avgas is this season yet!

The Gas Buddy guy says more "green" taxes coming here soon , so going higher yet.

It will be close to 150.00 bucks to fill my Odyssey, I sure sympathize with those still having have to commute long distances in large vehicles.....

Keith Law
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

I filled my truck today. 83L and it was just over $150 for deisel.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?