BC vote! and auto X ?

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
RMS
Supporter

BC vote! and auto X ?

Post by RMS »

Not trying to stir up any political debates but I asked around and only the YPP responded in a way I liked. being a car guy the only thing I care about is cars and car related things.

my question was : what is your stance on translink allowing sanctioned auto events (autoX) in their parking lots ?

the YPP replied : In general I am in support of this. Being able to accommodate safe outlets for street racing enthusiasts at other locations, if it can be shown to reduce illegal street racing should also be allowed. I'm thinking of Industrial areas where streets could be shut down during late evenings for sanctioned events as long as proper insurance is obtained for participants. YPP is in favour of providing British Columbians the opportunity to use underutilized government infrastructure for their interests if it doesn't cost the government anything and if it is done in a safe and respectful way for the public. After all this infrastructure belongs to you.

who ever you vote for get out and vote! last election 53% did not vote and the majority party won with 51% of the votes. so about 26% of BC dictates to the rest.
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Re: BC vote! and auto X ?

Post by funwithmonkeys »

It would great if there were more events for us to get our cars out and run them like they are meant to be.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Interesting - we used to use a Translink lot and weer told to go elsewhere a number of years back (Scott Rd Sky Train). The facility worked absolutely awesome for us. But we were turned away 4 years ago. As I was the key organizer dealing with Translink, they simply told me that there was a change in political thinking and that Translink no longer supported such events on their premises as it was felt to not be politically comparable with what Translink was trying to achieve.

So....a change in direction?

But I absolutely agree with you - get out and vote!

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

well, I did my thing today, boarded up the cabin after banking the fire, walked the 20 miles uphill, fighting some wolves and the odd mad moose, to ole' Itch'in Magee's cabin to vote. He offered me some Yukon Jack to sip on but I said we could not do that in a place of voting, so we went outside on the porch.

I then trundled the 20 miles uphill back to the ole' cabin, only having to deal with one wolverine.

I will stoke up the fire to take the spring chill off, crack my own bottle of Yukon Jack, fiddle with the rabbit ears and hope the snow storm subsides so I might get the results on the old RCA 12" B+W. I really should try to upgrade to a 19" incher, that would be spectacular! I hear they make them in colour now.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
RMS
Supporter

road pricing

Post by RMS »

RMS
Supporter

road pricing

Post by RMS »

they are looking at oregons tax by the mile program : https://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/HWY/RUFPP/d ... report.pdf http://www.myorego.org/

can any Oregonians give us a glimpse into whats in store for us ?

looks like 1.2c per mile.... ? and its tied into your phone ? in bc we have strict distracted driver protocol mainly around the phone....hmm I dont even have a phone....
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I do not have a smart phone either..so we are good to drive like crazy then!

I will just step over here and open my wallet again..10th time today I think...Hydro rate is up, Fortis gas is up, Shaw bill up a tad ( must cut cable) ICBC rates up on my 3 vehicles and trailer, gas up in White Rock, home phone and Internet up, Avgas up ( I know, it's a luxury but it is still UP) 5/8" sanded one side plywood up a hair ( we pay such high lumber prices for a province awash in trees), Landfill charge is WAY up, was 25.00 now 45.00 ( no wonder so much garbage gets thrown in the ditches these days), TAXES WAY UP in land, YIKES..INSANE....White Rock water rates up and my water quality is worse than some Third world countries on some days, Food...that's a given as most things get driven here from Wild America.....

It will come, I hope I'm retired when it finally hits, at least I won't have the commuter miles..such poor planning on the lower mainland so now the catch up, which in reality is impossible, is just going to cost us all.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer