will new law = new 510s ?

No worries. Post here to your hearts content
RMS
Supporter

will new law = new 510s ?

Post by RMS »

haven't looked farther than this article :arrow: http://www.superchevy.com/news/1512-new ... t-rodders/

looks like the door is open for a new run of 510s :mrgreen:
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!
Byron510

Re: will new law = new 510s ?

Post by Byron510 »

Very interesting in deed.

But what would it actually cost to build a new 510? Commercially I'm thinking $60 to 70K minimum even if you were to crank out the 300 or so cars per year you will be allowed to produce under the new legislation. When you look at the sheer number of parts that it would take, the initial tooling up would be immense. Yes, we have a few major panels, but when I look at the parts book and realize what it would take today to build the whole car new, from scratch, it's a massive undertaking. Finding the current model year emissions compliant engine and transmission would be the easiest part.

But it does close the door on the manufacturers from hitting the small companies with law suits. And it keeps the door open for those making kit cars for car enthusiasts, for example to take their current 5/6/7 Chev, Mustang and Chargers and literally re-body it with a new shell as shown with the Chev II in the article. And this is a good thing because it keep enthusiasts in the game. So again, what does it take to just make a 510 shell in Asia right now?

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.