looking or the datsun bible.

General & Technical discussion about other Nissan/Datsun cars
ForSho1

looking or the datsun bible.

Post by ForSho1 »

Where can i find all of the dime quarterly articals cant seem to find them. Thanks
two_68_510s
Supporter

Re: looking or the datsun bible.

Post by two_68_510s »

Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
danfiveten

Post by danfiveten »

I have the entire datsun bible, every issue in a nice binder :) ive tried asking if i can copy them to cd to give out for free, and never get a response, dont want to get in trouble for copy right stuff.
Vehicles
Art Hughes 1972 Preserved 510
1971 Purple Ratsun 510
2006 AltimaSE-R and 2012 Maxima
1979 Datsun 620
2007 Pathfinder
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

As good as it is, I didn't know the DQ back issues were known as the Bible.

I thought the Bible was the "How to Keep your Datsun Alive" book.

Or was it the " How to Hotrod and Race your Datsun".

Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

qwik510 wrote:As good as it is, I didn't know the DQ back issues were known as the Bible.

Or was it the " How to Hotrod and Race your Datsun".

That's what I've always known as "the Bible." That book is available at The 510 Archives.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

danfiveten wrote:I have the entire datsun bible, every issue in a nice binder :) ive tried asking if i can copy them to cd to give out for free, and never get a response, dont want to get in trouble for copy right stuff.
Which materials, exactly, are you talking about?

The only thing I really want to have scanned that I don't already have permission to scan is the "How To Keep Your Datsun Alive" book David shows.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Bump.
danfiveten

Post by danfiveten »

Pulled her out.The 510 again bible, theres a few different things called the 510 bible, but this is one most think of (at least that i talk to) when you talk about it. I love sitting and re-reading all these old articles, even Art is in there.
Vehicles
Art Hughes 1972 Preserved 510
1971 Purple Ratsun 510
2006 AltimaSE-R and 2012 Maxima
1979 Datsun 620
2007 Pathfinder
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Heh, FTA isn't what I think of when I think of the 510 Bible, but there you go. All FTA issues are scanned and available on The 510 Archives. I got permission (and a set of back issues) from Gian Bowles, and Ray Johns posted here once to also allow it.
RayJohns

Post by RayJohns »

okayfine wrote:Heh, FTA isn't what I think of when I think of the 510 Bible, but there you go. All FTA issues are scanned and available on The 510 Archives. I got permission (and a set of back issues) from Gian Bowles, and Ray Johns posted here once to also allow it.
Yes, just to reiterate - that's totally fine by me. Glad to see them online and available in PDF format and/or available in an archive.

Glad to know someone went to such efforts to make the info available - bible or not.

Ray Johns
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

It took 4 years for a "That's totally fine by me? Ray, you loose then find your Time Machines throttle stick? 8>)
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon