Hello From Southern Ontario

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
JonnyCanuck

Hello From Southern Ontario

Post by JonnyCanuck »

Hey All,

Just wanted to check and do the newbie welcome to the forum hello. I'm in the process of bringing a '70 510 wagon across the border to Canada, and while I'm currently being frustrated a little by the current state of affairs, hopefully it will be here by the summer.

I've been trolling through this site, and a few others for a while now (rotsun.net etc...). My Dad had a 240z, which was maybe the first car I was in, and ever since I've had a bit of a love for old Dattos. I always figured I would eventually get a Z as my long term project, until I stumbled across the 'humble' 510, and started reading.

I'm damn partial to wagons, as they suit my pretty hectic life, and have the room to stuff some serious camping gear + bike + me in the back and get going, so when I discovered that the 510 came in a wagon as well, I was sold, and started looking for one. (The whip is a '05 Subaru Legacy GT /MT)

Found a reasonably good looking one in Florida, which from photos, and walkaround video does not have the rust which every one I found in Canada that wasn't already restored had, so I decided to just suck up the annoyance of the transportation and border crossing, and have it shipped up. So, no photos yet, but I'll post some when I can finally park it at my place.

It runs and drives, and already had an L20B as well as a single Weber and 5 speed. Coilovers up front and a slightly lowered rear. No interior to speak of and a smashed tailgate. So, I've got plenty of work ahead of me, but at least it should be streetable pretty quickly... I'm more of a reader than a poster, but I'm sure I'll have a few questions along the way.

Looking forward to spending some serious time here, and hopefully, eventually, having a car worthy of a couple of 'finished' pictures.
‘71 510 Wagon
‘05 Subaru Legacy GT wagon
'71 Norton
Ontario, Canada