hi im new here

Users must be approved by our moderation team before posting in other forums.
ran_when_parked

hi im new here

Post by ran_when_parked »

Hey im Cheyne (shane), been a lurker for a while and in and out of the dotty scene for a while.

Im currently on my 3rd 510. First 4 door, a lot of my car experience is from aircooled and early water cooled diesel vws.

Current car is a bamboo sedan. Its spent its entire life in Mt Shasta CA. Was purchased from my friend and original owner, took me a while to actual obtain it from her as she held it as her own child. Ive had it for about 3 years now, and just been putting around with it. She had taken the car all over the west coast. Interstates, coastal highways, snow ditches, hidden lakes and high centered on dirt roads in the middle of nowhere. She has plenty of stories/pictures to go along with it. Even managed to keep the original pink slip. It has had a couple spots damaged and repainted, but for the most part its OG paint, interior and seals are definitely OG and have seen better days.

Goals with it is to install all new seals, carpets and seats. I would like to lower it slightly on some coil overs to take advantage of the wider wheels and nice rubber ive recently put on it. Would like to do some vintage road rallys with it this coming spring and summer.

two_68_510s
Supporter

Re: hi im new here

Post by two_68_510s »

Very nice, sounds like it was babied! Welcome to the Realm
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal