Electromotive XDI vs EDIS4/Megajolt ?

Problems, ideas and comments specific to engine swaps.
demo243

Electromotive XDI vs EDIS4/Megajolt ?

Post by demo243 »

Tossing this out there- dont know how many of you have dealt with either of these systems, but I am currently working on Carb'ing a KA24DE. Crank fire ignition seems to be the best option.

My plan was to run the Megajolt/EDIS set up, but have come accross a used XDI setup, which depending on price could potentially end up in the range of an EDIS/Megajolt setup.

I am having a hard time finding any direct comparisons between the two.

Besides the cost difference (Brand new XDI is a pretty penny) are their any major advantages or disadvantages between the two?

Thanks
'71 4 Door - Street/AutoX/Track Day Romper - Carb'ed KA24DE
defdes
Supporter

Re: Electromotive XDI vs EDIS4/Megajolt ?

Post by defdes »

I have the XDI on my FJ20 an like it a lot. The only glitch have had in 8 years is having the pick up sensor die on me after being parked for the winter.
demo243

Post by demo243 »

defdes wrote:I have the XDI on my FJ20 an like it a lot. The only glitch have had in 8 years is having the pick up sensor die on me after being parked for the winter.

How is the setup and tuning? Pretty easy?

I think the biggest difference I can see is that megajolt allows for full custom tuning via the computer where xdi is all set with the knobs and has a "built in map" you just set the limits.

I guess xdi could be a bit more accurate give. It's 60-2 wheel instead of the 36-1 wheel.
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

It's a lot of wiring (for me), but straightforward.
demo243

Post by demo243 »

I ended up passing on the xdi set up... I really like the idea of megajolts mapability and the availability of parts