no spark

Problems, ideas and comments specific to engine swaps.
okayfine
Supporter

Re: no spark

Post by okayfine »

Do you need the IAT? Yes. Is is preventing your car from sparking? No.

As to the IAC, you'll have two pairs of wires. One pair runs the idle valve, the other pair runs FICD, which is basically just a bump in idle revs when the A/C is on. Your wiring diagram should tell you which pair you need.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
455bird

Post by 455bird »

Ok what could it be....what would prevent me from getting spark? Can you all maybe make a list of things that it could be? I'm at a total lost
KoHeartsGPA

Post by KoHeartsGPA »

I just had a spark issue with my L20b, turned out to be a cracked connector, something so simple can be the cause all your problems, if I were you I would check every single connection to make sure they are tight and making full contact.

Like Julian said, it's probably something stupid :-(
Diego.
sycklash

Post by sycklash »

any update on this? I'm basically going through the exact same situation.
Instagram: @Sycklash
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

OP hasn't been back since his last post. Start up a new thread, give us what we need, we'll see if we can help.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson