Fuel pressure?

Problems, ideas and comments specific to engine swaps.
510Scott

Fuel pressure?

Post by 510Scott »

i got a ka24e with dual webers and was wondering what the fuel psi should be to the carbs? ihave the stock 510 fuel pump, do i need an upgrade? and is there any bolt in upgrade?
defdes
Supporter

Re: Fuel pressure?

Post by defdes »

They like 3.5, I think the stock pumps run about 7, though I can't confirm. Plenty of people use the stock pump so if you are not having any trouble, I wouldn't worry about it, though you could put in a pressure regulator too which would be cheaper/easier than an electric fuel pump.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

The stock 510 L-series fuel pump bolts to and runs from the KA/E? I had no idea.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

okayfine wrote:The stock 510 L-series fuel pump bolts to and runs from the KA/E? I had no idea.
I would only imagine if it was one from an early carbed truck motor...

Pictures?!
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

okayfine wrote:The stock 510 L-series fuel pump bolts to and runs from the KA/E? I had no idea.
My mental lapse there.
Sealik

Post by Sealik »

Pics of these aforementioned carbs/setup???
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

defdes wrote:My mental lapse there.
The OP should own that one, not you.

Even if OP has the early carb head and is running a mech fuel pump off it, looking at the pictures of the KA/E head online it doesn't seem possible to use the stock 510 pump. The cam gear is larger/head is wider and would need a longer arm to reach the eccentric.

OP could provide some clarification...
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
510Scott

Post by 510Scott »

heres a pic of my carb setup itshalf a stock ka24 manifold and half another manifold welded together. i bought the car like this and im not sure what fuel pump he ran, all i know is theres some big relays wired in the trunk. ill get some pics tomorrow.
Attachments
carb setup.jpg
carb setup.jpg (4.13 KiB) Viewed 6064 times
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Tiny picture, small like mice.

Your question was answered in post 2. You don't have a stock 510 pump. Pictures sound entertaining, but you'll need to measure the fuel pressure and figure out where to go from there. If it's necessary to add a fuel pressure regulator, avoid the "dial-a-just" cheapos and get the 1-4psi Holley regulator.
510Scott

Post by 510Scott »

how do i make the pics big like billboards?
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

You can attach pictures here up to 250K in size. Your picture above is 4K, so there's room for increased pixel count. Alternatively you can put them up somewhere else and link them here. Lots of threads in Website Discussion regarding hosting photos.
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

make it 800-1000 pixels across VERY BIG
engine-front-2.jpg
engine-front-2.jpg (144.83 KiB) Viewed 5932 times
engine-front-1.jpg
engine-front-1.jpg (100.1 KiB) Viewed 5932 times
or a little smaller
engine-front.jpg
engine-front.jpg (234.27 KiB) Viewed 5932 times
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Pictures get scaled down to fit the width of your browser window. In my case both of Joel's pictures are the same size, at least until I maximize the window.

In any case, Joel, have you been holding out on us? This the first time I've seen your front plate and accessory setup. Impressive.
VelvetHammer
Supporter

Post by VelvetHammer »

okayfine wrote:Pictures get scaled down to fit the width of your browser window. In my case both of Joel's pictures are the same size, at least until I maximize the window.

In any case, Joel, have you been holding out on us? This the first time I've seen your front plate and accessory setup. Impressive.
Agreed! Great looking plate Joel!
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

VelvetHammer wrote:
okayfine wrote:Pictures get scaled down to fit the width of your browser window. In my case both of Joel's pictures are the same size, at least until I maximize the window.

Agreed! Great looking plate Joel!
(Sorry about the threadjack!) Updates in my build thread but here is a current photo of finished plate in aluminum:
WP_20141103_003[1].jpg
WP_20141103_003[1].jpg (284.51 KiB) Viewed 4793 times
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal