Qr25de swap

Problems, ideas and comments specific to engine swaps.
okayfine
Supporter

Re: Qr25de swap

Post by okayfine »

Would that be different if you used a RWD QR/head?
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Dropoff510

Post by Dropoff510 »

Yeah I think the rwd qr has a different block as from the ones I've seen at the junk yards. So the rwd head might not swap on to a fwd block.
gbean
Supporter

Post by gbean »

Updates?
"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
-Isaac Asimov
Dropoff510

Post by Dropoff510 »

Here's some video updates. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k2-IUcW ... tube_gdata
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFzXqTuk ... tube_gdata

If the links don't work just type in "QR25 Datsun 510" In YouTube
Dropoff510

Post by Dropoff510 »

Updates:) so the motor is in and the wiring is oh so very close. Just need to hook up headlights and brake lights and then that's it for wiring. Intake manifold still needs to be cured in oven to withstand heat. Need to hook up map. Make mount for it. Exhast manifold needs to be connected to rest of exhaust. Finish cooling system. Bleed clutch. And she should be ready to try and fire it up after thats done. Well sounds like alot to get done cuz it is. :) but ive had lots of extra time to work on it so it's going quick.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

TITTYWOP
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Dropoff510

Post by Dropoff510 »

okayfine wrote:TITTYWOP
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Dropoff510 wrote:
okayfine wrote:TITTYWOP
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w ... j3GzTgLEXA
Dropoff510

Post by Dropoff510 »

Very nice. I had no idea why the heck you were saying :) haha. So far I've been unsucseful putting up pic but I have some YouTube videos. It's alot easier to just upload from my phone than have to put on computer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUqVocQj ... ata_player
qwik510
Supporter

Post by qwik510 »

Dropoff510 wrote:Very nice. I had no idea why the heck you were saying :) haha. So far I've been unsucseful putting up pic but I have some YouTube videos. It's alot easier to just upload from my phone than have to put on computer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUqVocQj ... ata_player
Looking good.

I sure hope those zip ties holding the radiator are a temporary solution. :P
Enjoy The Ride!
David
ImageImage
PoorMtnKid
Supporter

Post by PoorMtnKid »

Hey Dropoff, quick question. Why did you build your own intake mani? I use to drive a Specv Sentra and at the time there were no companies that offered an after market one. All the companies that had tried failed to have one to produce better numbers, the stock on just flowed so smooth. Not trying to bash your work it looks great, just wanted to know if the stock one did not fit ? I think the swap is awesome, that motor is a beast with all the TQ it has. I would love to see it run.
looking for pass. side arm rest
Dropoff510

Post by Dropoff510 »

I was going to use stock one and try to reverse it so it pointed the right way and not into fire wall. But it was still to high to clear hood. So this was something I always wanted to try. Hope that answers your question. I hope it flows good but won't know for sure until she runs I mad sure every thing is smooth so it will flow good. :)
PoorMtnKid
Supporter

Post by PoorMtnKid »

haha i guess it would point in the firewall. Did not even think of that. Good stuff.
looking for pass. side arm rest
Dropoff510

Post by Dropoff510 »

Just rode in a sr20det 510 today :):):)):):):):)):):):). Oh so nice.
Friend just bought it from las Vegas. It's quick. I hope mine is as quick but in all honesty thinking it won't :( oh well I'd get in too much trouble with that much power :) But the qr25 with it's nice torque curve will be a nice daily driver plenty for cruising around and ripping up the hill to my house :)
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Will you be writing up your installation for others to follow? Make for an interesting DQ article once it's up and running, especially dealing with the wiring.

Sure, few people will follow your exact route and making manifolds and such, but as one of the first, it'll help give people some idea if they want to go that route.